The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

seakayaker

Farmers Market ~ Portland, OR

Leica MP with Elmar-M24mm f3.8 ASPH

~~~~~~~

Farmers Market ~ Port Townsend, WA

Leica MP with Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH

rsolti13

Thanks Dan! I am having the film developed at a local lab that does a great job. The scanning job they do is quite poor...will be sending every roll from here on out to NCPS. I had a V750 scanner that I *planned* on using....just don't have the time.

Great shots Dan, which film is that? Really like the look to #2

Here is a familiar subject :) With Portra 160 and ZM 25. The girl loves her dresses....

ZM 50

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ryan,
These photos of your daughter are beautiful. My favorite is the third photo on the stairs. You are lucky to have such photogenic children.
I sold my M9 because it was sitting on the sidelines. I was picking up the M6 or iiig instead of the M9 and I hated to have it sitting. Film is very addicting.

Araakii

Ryan, love your shots with the ZM 25. I wish I have a little girl like that for me to shoot :-q.

It seems like you've bought and sold the ZM 25 multiple times. Any particular reason?

rsolti13

Thanks guys. Araakii, you are correct. I have had this lens 3 times on/off :). My problem is, the images are so great, yet its a difficult length for me to get used to. I far more prefer 21/28 (shouldn't have gotten rid of the Cron :)) and keep trying to settle on a length that just doesn't agree with me. It is perfect on the NEX-5N as it turns into a 35....but I have decided that I will get the 24 f/1.8 for NEX instead.

edftwin

I love the #2 #4 and the last one, Ryan ! Your daughter is really beautiful !

1)seafood and tofu sticks (Chinese style)

Jupiter-3 50 1.5 wide open

2)

Cron 35 f2 v2

3)

Cron 35 f2 v2

4) Here's the 38th and 39th frames from my fuji 200...did it with a little trick and it turned out pretty nice.

Cron 35 f2 v2

chrism

First one from today, MP, 50 Lux, Legacy Pro 400 @640, Diafine and Imacon 848 scan:

Then one of my hairy son before he cut 10" off for charity (MP, 75 Lux, Tri-X @1200, Diafine, Nikon 5000ED scan):

One more of him back in the hairy days (MP, 75 Lux, HP5+ @400, Diafine, Nikon 5000ED scan):

Chris

rsolti13

Ed - nice shots...particularly like the B/W with the Canon 35 f/2. How is that lens? I have heard similar rendering to an older 35 Cron...true?

Chris - very nice portraits. #2 is my favorite. Looks very clean for 1200. I am contemplating a scanner again instead of sending stuff out....don't know if I want to pony up the cash for the 5000 :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ed, Nice photos. That v2 cron renders nicely and of course, I love the Jupiter 3. If anyone gets a J3 that does not focus correctly, I recommend Brian Sweeney who posts here and on RFF. He really did a wonderful job on my J8 and J3.
Chris, Can't beat that 75 lux for a beautiful portrait and the 50 lux is legendary.

chrism

Thank you Lloyd, Ryan and Cindy. Today I tried stand development in Blazinal (the trade name for Rodinal in Canada) for the first time, using Legacy Pro 100, which is Acros 100 exposed at ISO 100. From the adjustments I had to make to the scan I should have exposed it at 200, or pulled it out after half an hour rather than a whole hour. Leica MP and 75 Lux:

80% Cocoa by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

seakayaker

Thanks Dan! I am having the film developed at a local lab that does a great job. The scanning job they do is quite poor...will be sending every roll from here on out to NCPS. I had a V750 scanner that I *planned* on using....just don't have the time.

Great shots Dan, which film is that? Really like the look to #2

Here is a familiar subject :) With Portra 160 and ZM 25. The girl loves her dresses....

Ryan, beautiful photographs of your daughter! The shot of your daughter on the swing is just precious, love it!

Thanks for you kind words, they are always appreciated. The film used on the second shot was Legacy Pro B&W 400 ISO that I had purchased from Freestyle with a short life date, it expired in 09/11. No longer available.

seakayaker

I love the #2 #4 and the last one, Ryan ! Your daughter is really beautiful !

3)

Cron 35 f2 v2
Ed some very nice captures! Number 3 is my favorite with the dark tree, in a sharp outline, against the fantastic shaped clouds. Very pleasing to my eye!

seakayaker

Thank you Lloyd, Ryan and Cindy. Today I tried stand development in Blazinal (the trade name for Rodinal in Canada) for the first time, using Legacy Pro 100, which is Acros 100 exposed at ISO 100. From the adjustments I had to make to the scan I should have exposed it at 200, or pulled it out after half an hour rather than a whole hour. Leica MP and 75 Lux:

80% Cocoa by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

Wonderful photographs of your son above, sharp detail and great portrait work with the 75 Cron! The one in the middle is my favorite of that group.

. . . . . with that said I wanted to say that I love the soft touch in the picture above that does not emphasis the lines in the man's face but still has clarity and detail along with the soft bokeh background! Another beautiful portrait.

seakayaker

. . . . . a couple more from the vault taken in August.

Farmers Market ~ Port Townsend, WA

MP with Voigtlander Ultron ASPH 28mm f1.9