The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

MikalWGrass

Swim Miami 2012. M6 TTL .85, Tri-X at 800, ancient Canon 35/1.9 for Leica. The lens is ok. I think I need another 35. Thinking about the CV 35/1.2 version 2. Fiddled with structure in Silver Efx 2. Had to sneak these because I was standing in the official's area.

Last edited:

rayyan

Long lost history books talk about ancient civilizations. They talk about the ancient dwellers that used primitive methods to record their life in pictures...

How quaint, we might think. Some even think of it to this day...

rayyan

The medium used by the ancients was sometimes referred to as being ' organic '. As opposed to being ' plastic '.

It is said that whole industries grew up to replicate this ' organic ' look! Whatever that means.

I guess it was used to compare it with the ' plastic ' look! Whatever that means too. Maybe like the water bottle..

rayyan

History shall later record that machines were invented to record images in a way that the human eyes generally do not see. Expensive machines.

Like viewing the image below in just b&w and shades in between. Color shall
become a thing of the past. Some shall rave about it.

A world without color. Progress.

Plastic flowers in plastic b&w. ( note..the flowers shown are mostly silk and cloth though. ' Organic ' mostly.).

dmeckert

model Steven from this afternoon. he's in the process of signing with Wilhelmina NYC.

M6, Leica Tele-Elmarit (canada) @ f/2.8, Ektar 100 scanned with VueScan on an Epson v700.

woodyspedden

M6ttl and Contax G 45 f/2 Planar, Fuji Sensia 200(I'm not crazy about this film!), Nikon V
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Historic theater now housing Barnes and Noble

Antique door detail

Monza (Robert Jagitsch) sent his Contax G 45 f/2 Planar to me. It has been converted to M mount. This is an exceptional lens that I previously enjoyed on a Contax G and on my NEX with an adapter. The modification is very nice.
Cindy

I have a full set of Contax lenses and would love to convert them to M.

Who did you use for the conversion..........how much..........anything you may want to add

Woody Spedden

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Woody, This lens belongs to Monza (Robert). He is handling the conversions for Hawk. I have sent my 35 Contax G to him for the conversion. I have emailed him and told him that you are looking for information.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
A few from a roll of Portra 160 and my M7 0.72. The first three were with Leitz 5cm f/2 Summicron-M and the last two with Contax CZJ 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar converted to ltm by Brian Sweeney. All were scanned with Nikon V scanner.