The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I attended a Civil War re-enactment commemorating the 150th anniversary of the 1863 Battle of Chickamauga. The original battle was in northern Georgia, but the re-enactment was in Greenbush, WI.

Leica M2, Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH, Kodak BW400CN

seakayaker

Thank you Cindy for your kind words, they are always appreciated.

In your series above there appears to be only Union Soldiers at the battle, do you have another series with the Confederate soldiers? It does look like a fun event to photograph.

Besides the ships that pass through the locks there are also trains that pass in-bound and outbound from Seattle heading North.

coming . . . . .

. . . . . and going.

MP - Zeiss C Sonnar T* 50mm f1.5 ZM ~ Ilford HP5

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Dan, Thank you for your support!
We just spent a week in upper Michigan and went through the Soo locks on both the American and Canadian side. It was fun and interesting.

These photos are from the morning skirmish. The battlefield is a long walk from the parking lot, so I didn't take all of my gear out. In the morning, I took my M2 with the 50mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH and my M9 with the Canon 135 f/3.5. In the afternoon, I switched to my Sony A99 and Zeiss 24-70 zoom for the battle. You can view a slideshow of the mixed photos here:The Battle of Chickamauga- Wade House 2013 Photo Gallery by Cindy Flood at pbase.com

Some years, I have converted all of my battle photos to black and white or sepia, but this year I left some in color.

seakayaker

Cindy, thanks for the Link to the remaining photographs from the set, I really enjoyed them all. The color photographs worked well for me along with the B&W. There were many favorites in the group of 35, the portraits #15, and David Rambow, B&W man on horseback #8, Color men on horseback #9, Color Confederate Soldiers Marching #11, Color of canon firing #4, . . . . . . I guess I like them all.

Well done!

seakayaker

September Walk, Northern State Hospital Dairy Farm, Sedro Woolley, WA

M6 TTL ~ Summilux 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ Kodak Porta 400

Leica MP ~ Elmar-M 24mm f3.8 ASPH ~ Kodak Porta 400

seakayaker

Leica M6TTL ~ Summilux 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ Kodak Porta 400

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Dan,
Thanks for checking out my re-enactment photos.

I like these photos of your fall walk. I really like the barn. Portra is my favorite film, and I like the close-up detail that you got with the 50.

seakayaker

seakayaker

seakayaker

43830029 September Walk, Northern State Hospital Dairy Farm, Sedro Woolley, WA

seakayaker

Lloyd, thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated!

It was a beautiful day for a walk, starting with fog earlier in the day and burning off throughout the day.

seakayaker

Wingaersheek Beach ~Annisquam River and Ipswich Bay ~ Gloucester, MA

M6TTL ~ Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ Kodak Porta 400

sjg284

I found myself with a roll of Ferrania Solaris 400 .. and really enjoyed it.
With M3 & 50lux v2

I figured this audience would enjoy my new t-shirt

Held up well against such extremely strong backlight / contrast range

One man band

Nice

Decay

Dinner

Sorry for the overload, excited about this (new to me) film..
Looking forward to them re-opening the plant.

I really felt like it scanned better than most of my Fuji/Kodak films have.. on my V700 at least.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Dan, I enjoyed the farm, but those beach photos are enchanting and timeless. Great DOF.

Steve, Interesting photos and film. I really like the colors in the photo of the RR limo. The lady in the second shot is very pretty. Interesting pose... not sure what those eyes are saying.

sjg284

Thanks Cindy!
It's a shame I found this film in between Ferrania going under & being resurrected.. it means the film is about $10/roll!

And oh what timing.. my M240 came in!
Spent the evening charging battery and shooting a bit .. after dark, in the rain!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leica M2, Leica 50 f/2 Summicron-M Rigid, Kodak Portra 160

I just got this fabulous lens from johnnygoesdigital the day before my M9 had to take a trip back to the mothership. All is well though, because the combo of my M2 and this rigid Cron is so much fun to use.

MikalWGrass