The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

chrism

I found my Visoflex had jammed up today, so I took it apart, cleaned and lubricated it, and polished the ground glass. I started out trying to photograph the squirrel with the 560mm/f6.7 but I had to go so far back for minimum focusing distance, I discovered I could get the same framing much closer with the 280mm/f4.8. Much lighter on the tripod and I could get 1/60s with that lens and 100ASA film.

M2, Visoflex, 280/4.8, Acros 100, Rodinal, X1 scan:

Visoflex squirrel by chrism229, on Flickr

and with the Summilux 50:

Ghost of Vivian M. by chrism229, on Flickr

C.

jdphoto

chrism,
Love the look of your color images. It's funny how digital camera users have apps and add ons to achieve a film look! Just shoot film, I say!

photo-bowman

chrism,
Love the look of your color images. It's funny how digital camera users have apps and add ons to achieve a film look! Just shoot film, I say!

Both analog and digital have their own merits.
I got both systems in 35mm and MF... and I would not want to miss either of them.

chrism

chrism,
Thank you! The best thing (for me, anyway) is that I get to use delicious old cameras that I could only drool over when they were new. I'm waiting impatiently for a pair of OM-2n bodies to come back from a CLA with John Hermanson. So many lovely cameras.....

JoelM

I just got a Nikon Coolscan 5000 and thought I would give it a try. I found this slide and while it is my first attempt, I am learning. This was taken in Hawaii, I think, in 1988. Leica M6, 90 Tele-Elmar Fat Chrome.

Joel
raw0001.jpg

chrism

The end of this barn was curious - made that way, repaired, or simply a place to store sheets of corrugated iron?

M2, Summilux 35, Superia 400, X1 scan:

Patchwork by chrism229, on Flickr

I don't know how I did it, but I grossly over-exposed it, hence the conversion to B&W.

C.