The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

N

nei1

Thanks Helen,generous you are,its not just that the scans came out flat,Ive compensated a little for that.Its also that the objects in the world seem to have lost the space around them,less depth and 3 dimensionality than in the tri x world.Am going to rescan using fotografz method above,thanks again.........Neil.

N

nei1

am struggling to get this film to look right,its the same role as the others,kodak cn400 ,taken on boxing day,M6 with 50mm f2.the negs came back from the lab covered in watermarks and a few scratches. after developing,the film had been rolled up and just put back into the plastic film tub,no plastic sleeves here!:cussing:

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
i'm getting tempted to un-wrap the old changing tent...curious if the move back to full frame is re-charging users for wide angle? that certainly would be appealing for me with medium format and that yummy Schneider 40mm. can you still get 120 tri-x?

N

nei1

Thanks Helen and Erik,you both produce such interesting work,very enjoyable.Im actually quite anoyed with the people who processed the film,I cant spend time only to have it wasted by somebody else.The scratches are unforegivable,as I can find no benifit to this film Im going to go back to tri x and develop myself,then theres only one person to blame!

N

nei1

Have cropped and processed this (from post 176)to try and like this film,(kodak cn400)

Last edited:

helenhill

Lovely landscape....Neil
I DO like the processing / haven't tried the Kodak cn400

Thanx Erik
Looks like your having Fun w/ the Lads
but I would like to see Thelma more upclose...she's a Beauty & Quite dainty for her Size

Last edited:

helenhill

Do not have cocktails when souping your film....
I went in thinking 1:4 as opposed to
what I needed to do 1:50 /Rodinal...:ROTFL:
but I'm still enjoying the Process
1et shot /neopan 1600 2nd/ shot Arista 400

wjlapier

From last week after I received my new to me M3. Mounted a Nikkor 3.5cm/3.5, loaded Reala, and went out shooting snapshoots using sunny 16. I did open up some when I was near this stream--maybe f8 or so. These are from the campus of Whitman College.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
From last week after I received my new to me M3. Mounted a Nikkor 3.5cm/3.5, loaded Reala, and went out shooting snapshoots using sunny 16. I did open up some when I was near this stream--maybe f8 or so. These are from the campus of Whitman College.
Looks like you have sunny 16 down pat. These are beautiful.