The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

emmawest72

Helen,
I really like the tonality in your shots specially when you apply your personal rodinal mix! it gives them en edge with strong blacks.

A color pic of mine ( m4-2/35mm/ kodak slide film)

helenhill

Fab Bill...

Love the third Shot
Picture postcard Lovely...Congrats on Developing :clap:
I think I'm going to buy, try /was it D76 ?

helenhill

emmawest72; said:
Helen,
I really like the tonality in your shots specially when you apply your personal rodinal mix! it gives them en edge with strong blacks.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com[/QUOTE]
Charming of YOU to say...Thank You William
Tres Coool the way the Floor and Wall Floats around Your Wife

I don't know much about Color Film...What do YOU recommend ? :)

[QUOTE="wjlapier, post: 84128, member: 1772"]A few from my first time developing B+W. M3 with Nikkor 5cm/2[/QUOTE]
Love the Simplicity & Composition of the Third shot :clap:
Picture Postcard Lovely...Congrats on Developing
I think I'n going to try/buy -Was it D76 you had mentioned ?

wjlapier

Fab Bill...

Love the third Shot
Picture postcard Lovely...Congrats on Developing :clap:
I think I'm going to buy, try /was it D76 ?
Thank you Helen. I will print a couple to see how they look on paper, but regardless, it was a great experience. I'm anxious to go out and shoot some more just to develop again :)

D76 it was.

emmawest72

Helen,

I used to shoot a lot of slide film such as fuji provia and kodachrome. Nowdays I mostly use C41 films like kodak portra 160/400 vc or the fuji 160s / 400h as prefer the colors compared to the more contrasty slide films. Will you be scanning the film?

Back to the good ol' Tri-X with m4-2 and 35mm...

wjlapier

Helen,

I used to shoot a lot of slide film such as fuji provia and kodachrome. Nowdays I mostly use C41 films like kodak portra 160/400 vc or the fuji 160s / 400h as prefer the colors compared to the more contrasty slide films. Will you be scanning the film?

Back to the good ol' Tri-X with m4-2 and 35mm...

William, I like this picture. Does tri-x scan like this, or did you do some tweaking post?

emmawest72

@wjlapier:
Hi,
I always scan my bw very flat in order to keep as much info as possible. I then do the same work in PS as I would do in the darkroom i.e. grading, dodging, burning,etc. I use vuescan as my scanning soft and though it's bit complicated it gives me the flat neg I want. Hope this helps.
Cheers

wjlapier

@wjlapier:
Hi,
I always scan my bw very flat in order to keep as much info as possible. I then do the same work in PS as I would do in the darkroom i.e. grading, dodging, burning,etc. I use vuescan as my scanning soft and though it's bit complicated it gives me the flat neg I want. Hope this helps.
Cheers
That does help. I use Vuescan too and scanned mine as neutral as possible. I then did my post in PS, but I need to know more about some of those terms you used for darkroom work. I'll dig for it on the net.

Thanx alot.

N

nei1

M4-2 with a 50mm summicron

tri-x at 1250asa scanned witha minolta 5400 cold cathode(best for black and white):cool::D

N

nei1

Nice shot Helen,theres a strong relationship between the two foreground figures.Well done on the analogue decision,it will pay off in leaps and bounds as you go on.Good idea to have a small digital carry around just to take notes.All the best,.......Neil.

helenhill

Thank You Neil

What I am sooo Pleased about
is the shot above /man w/Cane
NO PP ..... straight from the neg /scan
and I LOVE IT /the B&W tonality
Best-

Don Hutton

What always amazes me with B&W film is how you can hold detail in highlights that look so white as to be (almost) blown and in shadows that are virtually black. I don't see that with digital.

Woody
That's what the shoulder and toe of B&W film is all about... The only digital camera I own which seems to have a "workable" toe and shoulder is a Sigma DP1... It's not film like, but it's closer than others I have tried or use.