The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd.

I'd be curious to know more about your scanning and post processing. I use a Coolscan V and Vuescan and am learning something different just about everyday.
Actually, I'm pretty new at this. I've used a flatbed scanner with some good results, but bought this 4000 mainly to digitize old slides. Just tried it out his morning... default settings, and then a little contrast curve in PS to brighten the image a bit. That's it... looking to learn more myself.

Lloyd

Thanx Lloyd. I'm beginning to find my way around Photoshop a little more for B+W digital darkroom. Far from perfect, but more appealing to me.

This is from that bench downstream--same everything.
Oh yeah, I like this one even better. The water in closer, and the blacks and tones there really jump. Good stuff.

helenhill

William/ Wjlapier

Fab Shots.....in particular the Beautiful Reflections in the Water
Wonderful Tones
that nikkor is seductively sharp

emmawest72

Helen,

Cool shots but you need to do some curve adjustments as they are without any whites ( at least on my screen)

helenhill

a few adjustments...William ,
& a few Tips PLEASE :D

BTW ...I know its not a proper idea to shoot 1600 in broad daylight
but I like to push limits & more Importantly Experiment

M2/50 lux/1600 neopan /rodinal / Precinct
M4/50 cron/ 1600 /rodinal / a Street Character

Last edited:

emmawest72

Much better Helen but I still think it's not enough. I have always liked your edgy and gritty black and white work and I find these too flat. The scenes are very New Yorkish to me and they need to have this stark contrast which you do really well. Personally, I don't care if whites are blown or the blacks are a bit blocked.

Hope you agree?

Cheers
W.

helenhill

William : Beautiful and Charming those TWO... Your Little Man & his girlfriend....Double Trouble in that little Hand Holding :ROTFL:...Sweeet

heres one of Moi...falling in LOVE w/ a Hassy
my friend at the Counter shot me w/ my M2 & 50 Lux