The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus OM-2N - Friends at work

A

asabet

This new analog section is a great idea. Thanks Jack and Guy and everyone who asked for this area!

A couple friends of mine at work in the laboratory where I do research. Both taken with the OM-2N, Zuiko OM 40/2, and Portra 400NC:

N

nei1

Youre taking me back Amin,I used to have a black om2n and a chrome om1.Wasnt the shutter speed ring great around the lens,I remember that I found the viewfinder almost too bright._________ regards Neil

N

nei1

Managed to dig this out,just to ride the nostalgia for a little while.This was Im pretty sure the OM1 not the 2 and with an old 28mm vivitar that I know I had back then.It was taken on the viewing area at gatwick airport,incredibly hard to print with silver but in comparison a doddle in photoshop.
All the best____________________Neil

A

asabet

Hi Neil, very cool :). I'm going to miss the OM system. With great reluctance, I sold it to fund a Zeiss Ikon and some RF lenses. I found a super cheap Nikon EM in an antique store so I can keep a film SLR to use with my Nikkors. It's a great little camera (especially considering that is is in great condition, came with a pristine 50mm f/1.8, and cost $50 total). However, the OM shutter is quieter than some RFs, and the Nikon EM mirror is like a kick in the hands by comparison.

Z

Zeiss

My first SLR, OM-2N. Loved it.
Stolen in Amsterdam.
Replaced with a FM2 that I still use.

M

mickiedaniels

The camera I have been dreaming of is none other than Olympus EVolt E-510, its most interesting feature is the new 40mm-to-150mm telephoto zoom lens! I hope I can have one soon! Thanks for posting this topic!

BTW Nice work asabet! Love 'em!

:thumbup: