Site Sponsors

Thread: Olympus OM-2N - Friends at work

asabet

Olympus OM-2N - Friends at work

This new analog section is a great idea. Thanks Jack and Guy and everyone who asked for this area!

A couple friends of mine at work in the laboratory where I do research. Both taken with the OM-2N, Zuiko OM 40/2, and Portra 400NC:

nei1

Re: Olympus OM-2N - Friends at work

Youre taking me back Amin,I used to have a black om2n and a chrome om1.Wasnt the shutter speed ring great around the lens,I remember that I found the viewfinder almost too bright._________ regards Neil

nei1

Managed to dig this out,just to ride the nostalgia for a little while.This was Im pretty sure the OM1 not the 2 and with an old 28mm vivitar that I know I had back then.It was taken on the viewing area at gatwick airport,incredibly hard to print with silver but in comparison a doddle in photoshop. All the best____________________Neil

asabet

Hi Neil, very cool . I'm going to miss the OM system. With great reluctance, I sold it to fund a Zeiss Ikon and some RF lenses. I found a super cheap Nikon EM in an antique store so I can keep a film SLR to use with my Nikkors. It's a great little camera (especially considering that is is in great condition, came with a pristine 50mm f/1.8, and cost $50 total). However, the OM shutter is quieter than some RFs, and the Nikon EM mirror is like a kick in the hands by comparison.

asabet

One more with the OM 40/2, this with Ilford XP2:

Zeiss

My first SLR, OM-2N. Loved it.
    Stolen in Amsterdam.
    Replaced with a FM2 that I still use.

mickiedaniels

The camera I have been dreaming of is none other than Olympus EVolt E-510, its most interesting feature is the new 40mm-to-150mm telephoto zoom lens! I hope I can have one soon! Thanks for posting this topic!

BTW Nice work asabet! Love 'em!