The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

N

nei1

Cindy,the reversed viewfinder is very difficult to get used to,you can turn the viewfinder shade into a sports finder which you might find easier.all the best........neil.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy,the reversed viewfinder is very difficult to get used to,you can turn the viewfinder shade into a sports finder which you might find easier.all the best........neil.
Neil,
The reversal does not bother me. In fact, the first time I looked into the Rollei viewfinder, it took my breath away! It is amazing....It is just when I get the photos back, I want to crop off the top of the square. I'm just not thinking square yet. I will keep working on it till I get it.

I appreciate the support from everyone here.

Francois, Now there is a subject that deserves square!:thumbup:

jlm

Workshop Member
cindy...i always fall right into that ground glass image, love it. seems like most of my best work is square format and full frame, not sure why. i certainly appreciate not having to rotate the camera!

ShiroKuro

Soccer ball ... Hiroshima Japan ... Huge areas of housing behind Hiroshima station are being bulldozed to make way for the new stadium and mansion type condos ... sad to see ... Ricoh GR 1s 400 Tmax

Waianae Coast .... Minority of local Hawaiian's live on the beach and in the parks along the Waianae coast ..... The horizon was crooked that day .... Nikon F4s 24-120 3200 Ilford Delta

Last edited:

helenhill

Willioam / tres Sexy shot of the Wife

John / LOVE your early morning breakfast Shot

Charley / That 'Holiday Inn Flag' makes it PURRfect

Gabor / Congrats on your Gorgeous Little Son...which cam of Daddys will he be holding Soon

Cheers-H

Y Sol

Hello, here's an old shot made with a 500CM and 60mm lens on panotomic-x film. I scanned the negative with the Nikon Coolscan 8000.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hello, here's an old shot made with a 500CM and 60mm lens on panotomic-x film. I scanned the negative with the Nikon Coolscan 8000.
Ydo,
I just checked out your web site. Your jazz photos are very inspiring to me. Your landscapes are beautiful.

justin989

Hey Everyone! Ive been a member on this forum for a bit, but never posted here before as I was once a digital back user...now those days are long gone as I have returned to film :)
I stumbled upon this thread forum and I admire a lot of the work that is posted here. So I have posted a
link to my latest work for all to enjoy. Everything with the exception of a handful of images were shot with medium format film.

So without further delay, please check out my site:
http://www.justinwaldinger.com

Last edited:

Lloyd

Very nice, Justin. You do some beautiful work. Wonderful tones, great composition. I particularly like the infrared. Thanks for posting the link.

Y Sol

This photo I made 1983 on a small island in Norway. Camera was a pentax 67, 50mm lens, and Kodak plus-x.

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Lovely Y Sol -- where is the island? I would love to go to Norway soon, and luckily they have some direct flights there from here. I would really love to make it way up north though -- to Svalbard and that area. Something about extremely isolated places really appeals to me. It is one of the reasons I moved to Iceland! Though I live downtown, I can be in a place where I feel like I am the last man on Earth within 20 minutes.

Anyway, three random photos:

Out in the middle of nowhere, as I was talking about:

Y Sol

Hello Lars and Stuart,

for me the north of Norway is the best place on earth to shoot landscape.
Here are some more shots from hundred years ago when I was
a photostudent. (I'm still, because I never stop learning)
Nikon F2, 20mm, tri-x

Last edited: