The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
slowly but surely I'm gaining on the film thing. And I do mean slowly. Souped a couple rolls in my kitchen sink today and realized that I can actually count on the film/camera/exposure/development. I know that sounds crazy, but it has made me nervous to take the camera to something that I wanted to be "sure" of. Hey, what the heck, baby steps.

Lloyd

slowly but surely I'm gaining on the film thing. And I do mean slowly. Souped a couple rolls in my kitchen sink today and realized that I can actually count on the film/camera/exposure/development. I know that sounds crazy, but it has made me nervous to take the camera to something that I wanted to be "sure" of. Hey, what the heck, baby steps.
I know exactly what you mean... and yes, looking at this, you can indeed "count on" those elements. Very nice, Tim.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Cindy. I'm still determined although I think I need to get the negs into an enlarger. The scanning/digitizing adds a confusing wrinkle and makes it hard for me to judge how my negs are really looking. I know for sure I'm getting some extra density along the edges of the film. Winding too tight or agitation or both I think. And it doesn't take long to push the grain into view when using curves, etc. in PS. So I think I need a trip to the darkroom to make some paper prints.

A couple more.

Lloyd

Thanks Cindy. I'm still determined although I think I need to get the negs into an enlarger. The scanning/digitizing adds a confusing wrinkle and makes it hard for me to judge how my negs are really looking. I know for sure I'm getting some extra density along the edges of the film. Winding too tight or agitation or both I think. And it doesn't take long to push the grain into view when using curves, etc. in PS. So I think I need a trip to the darkroom to make some paper prints.

A couple more.
Look great to me. Love the second one especially. :clap:

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots Tim -- I think you will enjoy getting back in the darkroom -- there is nothing quite like a purely analog workflow.

Viablex -- that 43mm lens is really something, isn't it?

viablex1

man one can get a big head from these comments..here is another FP4 shot at 200iso converted to postive from the maestro David wood at Dr5..

Lloyd

man one can get a big head from these comments..here is another FP4 shot at 200iso converted to postive from the maestro David wood at Dr5..
Beautiful image. Love the tonality here. (Hey, get a big head... as long as you keep posting such great work, you're entitled.):thumbup:

gero

hello, I've been trying film (I have been doing digital-only for about 5 years) so: bought Neopan 100 (the only b&w here).

Please tell me what you think as I have no idea what I am doing.

developed in the local shop & I scanned it in a flatbed hp g4050.

shot with R9& 15/2.8