The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

M

msglueck

@viablex1: nice contrast. like deep shadows in BW pics. It's time square NY right? Looks better in BW to me than in the color pictures I'm used to see of it.

J

jaasland

My daughter in a thoughtful moment, captured on Kodak Tri-X with a Nikon FM and 35mm f/2.8 lens a couple of years ago:

Jarle

bensonga

Well, I'm hard pressed to find anything that compare's with William's lovely lady or NYC Times Square.....but here's what passes for fun during an Anchorage winter. The Fur Rendevous Gran Prix auto races on the streets of Anchorage.

Nikon F2, 50mm f1.4 and Ilford FP4.

Gary

gero

Lovely shots Markus -- I particularly like the first one.

Gero -- The SWC is square format -- it is a hasselblad V camera, not really a view camera. It does not have any movements. Focus is either estimated, measured or confirmed on a ground glass. The lens is a 38mm f/4.5, so there is a lot of depth of field.
Stuart, thanks. It looks like a grate camera, I´l have to do some research, fixed lens?

William, those eye lashes wwwwwww...

Stuart Richardson

Yes, a fixed 38mm, but it takes the same backs as the Hasselblad V system, so in that sense it is not really fixed lens. Another similar option would be the Mamiya 7II with the 43mm f/4.5 lens. It is also a symmetrical biogon-like lens -- it is a clone of the large format version of the biogon. It is just as astonishing as the 38mm, only it is on 6x7 and mounts on the Mamiya 7 -- that's a nice thing because it means you get a rangefinder, meter, AE, a back that does either 120, 220, or 35mm panorama, has a nice ergonomic grip, a hot shoe, and of course you can easily pop on a 50mm, 65mm, 80mm, 150mm or 210mm lens if you happen to have one with you. The SWC is smaller, lighter, and can use a digital back (though this is not always recommended).

Lloyd

A few more from the SWC:
These are great... wonderful variety of images/subjects. I especially love that first one... the movement of the runner adds tremendously to the composition, IMO. Nice work all around. :thumbup: