The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Lloyd

Nice set. Looks like you've got a winner, Carl. Really nice tonality here as well. I particularly like the last shot.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carl, These look really nice. My favorite is the last. I like the little oarsman in the window.

I love the surprise of scanning film and finding out what I have. It is so different from the instant gratification of digital. The tones are so much nicer, that it makes it worth the "pain" of the actual scanning. The other bonus is that there are so many great film cameras out there to try. I am using Vuescan again. I used it with my Nikon V and now the 9000 (I used Silverscan on my Epson V700...another nice program). Vuescan plays nice with my Mac and the Nikon.

Edit...LOL...I was posting simultaneously with Lloyd. I see that he like the last one best, too.

scho

Thank you Lloyd and Cindy. The tonality one can get with film is also the main reason I keep going back. Thanks for the reminder to give Vuescan a try. I use it with an Epson 700 for 4x5 but haven't worked with Vuescan and the Nikon.

Stuart Richardson

beautiful y sol! I love to see the polaroids. I am out of type 55, but I think I have two boxes of 665 left, though I am not sure if they are still going to be usable...they may be dried up by now.

scho

Really gorgeous portraits Y Sol. I still have one full box of Type 55 left, but haven't seen any 665 for years.

Y Sol

Thank you all for the nice words! I'm working on this project since a long time. I have still 15 boxes of 665 film left and I hope to continue this serie.

Ydo

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you all for the nice words! I'm working on this project since a long time. I have still 15 boxes of 665 film left and I hope to continue this serie.

Ydo

I hope you post more as you work on your project. The photo of Benny Golson is just spectacular. I keep going back to it and looking again. The lighting, the pose, the sax...Wow!

M

msglueck

cool polaroid series. Ydo. And cool 6String bass, Mr. Bassplayer! :clap:

both Mamiya 7 + 80mm and some cropping. First is Fuji Superia 400, second is KonicaMinolta Centuria.

Stuart Richardson

Two 4x5 shots from my trip up to Snæfellsnes. These are also the first E-6 shots that I processed myself! They turned out pretty well, especially since the film expired in 2006.

Unfortunately, I missed the light on the church by about 2-3 minutes. I just got there and was setting up, but when I turned around, the light was gone. Such is the way of 4x5...nature does not wait for you to set up. I still like the photo though.

Lars

Stuart,
Development seems to be working well. What equipment did you finally get?

Re the light in the second one - yes it looks a bit flat. You did use a grad though, right? To get more warmth in the foreground a reversed coral grad helps. Personally I would have waited another hour until the sky is deep blue while there still is some twilight on the mountains and the church. I have a photo (of a church hehe) where I did just that, will dig up the scan when I get home.