The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

sizifo

Loving the photos. The xpan portraits are great. The schoolbus mirror is also a favourite.

Here is a hassi street self-portrait. HP5+ , 80mm, cropped obviously

khc1013

here is one of mine from last Dec. Just got around to develop it.
nikon fm2 with either a 35/2 or 24/2.8 don't remember. fp4/tmax

Maggie O

Anthony, that is really, really stunning!

I've posted this photo before- but it was an old scan of a print, I think, and not so good, but I found the negative and re-scanned it and spent a ridiculous amount of time touching it up, so here it is, reborn!

Sue In The Snow, Craig, NE, 1978

Here's the original caption for the photo:
My sister, outstanding in her field. Er, on our creek. In the middle of the pasture. On the farm. In 1978 or so.

Shot with my Canonet and developed in dad's darkroom in the basement. I found the small file of a scanned negative (maybe print) in my old iPhoto library and I can't remember where the file came from. But I spiffed it up a bit in LightZone, because this photo makes me smile. I loved the overgrown and unused pasture, probably because it was never-tilled prairie, just pretending to be a pasture. I miss having a little wild and private place to go whenever I felt the need.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
:thumbs:+1

I've posted this photo before- but it was an old scan of a print, I think, and not so good, but I found the negative and re-scanned it and spent a ridiculous amount of time touching it up, so here it is, reborn!

Sue In The Snow, Craig, NE, 1978

Here's the original caption for the photo:
My sister, outstanding in her field. Er, on our creek. In the middle of the pasture. On the farm. In 1978 or so.

Shot with my Canonet and developed in dad's darkroom in the basement. I found the small file of a scanned negative (maybe print) in my old iPhoto library and I can't remember where the file came from. But I spiffed it up a bit in LightZone, because this photo makes me smile. I loved the overgrown and unused pasture, probably because it was never-tilled prairie, just pretending to be a pasture. I miss having a little wild and private place to go whenever I felt the need.
Maggie, I love the old times that you are bringing me back to. My first rangefinder--the Canonet. Now I'm wondering if I still have some old negs in storage.

Lloyd

:thumbs:+1

Maggie, I love the old times that you are bringing me back to. My first rangefinder--the Canonet. Now I'm wondering if I still have some old negs in storage.
Maggie: I agree with Cindy (other than about the Canonet being my first rangefinder, it was Leica IIIc, in my case). As I get older I come to realize that the images associated with memories, family, other people dear to me in my life, places (especially those now gone, or forever changed), are by far the most important images I've ever taken. Thanks for the reminder! Not to mention that this is a great shot... lovely light, and wonderful tones.:salute:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Lloyd. Here is one I just got back from the last roll I took before I sold the Mamiya AFD. Kodak Ektar
In the Shadow of the Superstition Mountains

Maggie O

Maggie: I agree with Cindy (other than about the Canonet being my first rangefinder, it was Leica IIIc, in my case). As I get older I come to realize that the images associated with memories, family, other people dear to me in my life, places (especially those now gone, or forever changed), are by far the most important images I've ever taken. Thanks for the reminder! Not to mention that this is a great shot... lovely light, and wonderful tones.:salute:
Thanks so much, Lloyd! It's interesting; I see my sister all the time (supped with her last night at our mom's 75th birthday party), so for me, that place, now gone forever, thanks to the next farmer's plow, is the little bit of magic in that shot. Tho' Sue's snowmobile suit and glasses are pretty rad, too. :ROTFL:

Love these Cindy. Especially like the dark tones of the water.
+100 on that sentiment! The dam shot is just fantastic. Love it, love it, love it!

shtarka1

T

tokengirl

Thanks, Lloyd. Here is one I just got back from the last roll I took before I sold the Mamiya AFD. Kodak Ektar
In the Shadow of the Superstition Mountains
There is something almost surreal about this, the colors are really beautiful.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
They really are, aren't they? Like Adams or Strand, but in color!
Whoa, Thanks, Maggie. I really appreciate all of the support that everyone on this forum gives so graciously.
Now you tell me when I've just sold the camera.:deadhorse:...will I ever learn?

Maggie O

Some more gems from the past, again from the F3 with the 28mm, this time with Kodak HIE IR film and Illford XP1 (that's right, XP1):

IR Sue, Craig, NE, January, 1987

Grandpa And Sue, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

IR Carwash, Omaha, NE, January, 1987