The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Lloyd

Lloyd: BTW, I just bought a film nikon (Steve inspired me to buy!). I've got all of those lenses; so, why not. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Hey, congrats (hope the "hold" is over soon). Yes, good logic, no reason not to get one. I look forward to seeing your results.

I have a couple of film Nikons (though not the F6), need to dust 'em off, I'm thinking. :thumbup:

Maggie O

Time to defend the honor of the mighty F3, I reckon! ;)

Some more shots from my archive:

Bathtub, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

Dad In The Fairway, Fremont, NE, 1989

Rio Verde Mom, Rio Verde, AZ, January, 1987

Rio Verde Dad, Rio Verde, AZ, January, 1987

F3HP and Nikkor 28/2.8; the first first on is Tri-X, the second T-Max400 and the last two are XP1.

Lloyd

Time to defend the honor of the mighty F3, I reckon! ;)

Some more shots from my archive:

Bathtub, Minneapolis, MN, 1987

F3HP and Nikkor 28/2.8; the first first on is Tri-X, the second T-Max400 and the last two are XP1.
Good stuff, Maggie. I especially like that first one.

I still have my F3 I bought new in 1980. Great camera (albeit under appreciated, I think.)

Maggie O

Good stuff, Maggie. I especially like that first one.

I still have my F3 I bought new in 1980. Great camera (albeit under appreciated, I think.)

Thank you, Lloyd! I've had an F3 since 1985, and the current one since 1987, when my first one was stolen by my then-landlord, the scumbag. They're one of the finest cameras ever made, I reckon. Heck, IIRC, no other camera has had as long of a production run as the F3.

Oh, and I mislabeled the first shot- that was on XP1, not Tri-X.

Maggie O

Maggie: Great photos. The F3 is clearly no slouch (in your hands). This photo's a classic! Excellent. :thumbs:
Thanks, Matt!

I think the only weakness the F3 has is it only has one mechanical shutter speed if the batteries die. Oh, and the dumb-*** hotshoe. What was Nikon thinking?!?!? :wtf:

Lloyd

Thanks, Matt!

I think the only weakness the F3 has is it only has one mechanical shutter speed if the batteries die. Oh, and the dumb-*** hotshoe. What was Nikon thinking?!?!? :wtf:
Funny you mention that, Maggie. I was thinking about both of those issues with the F3 recently. The shutter speed was always a pain, as it seemed my batteries always died a the most inconvenient time. As for the hotshoe, I had (actually, I still have) the TTL handle mount flash for the F3 (which connected over the film rewind), and what a revelation it seemed at the time. True is, in practice, I didn't find that it worked well for me, and I generally used in in manual mode. And what a dinosaur it is by todays TTL flash standards.

Maggie O

Maggie.....Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Steve!

Funny you mention that, Maggie. I was thinking about both of those issues with the F3 recently. The shutter speed was always a pain, as it seemed my batteries always died a the most inconvenient time. As for the hotshoe, I had (actually, I still have) the TTL handle mount flash for the F3 (which connected over the film rewind), and what a revelation it seemed at the time. True is, in practice, I didn't find that it worked well for me, and I generally used in in manual mode. And what a dinosaur it is by todays TTL flash standards.
Yeah, that flash was a big mistake. And making a camera that couldn't take my Vivitar 285 was another big mistake. But man, when the F3 works, it works great.

Maggie O

More from the F3:

Construction, I-70, June, 1989

Hiker, I-70, June, 1989

Big Sky, I-70, June, 1989

Those three on T-Max400

Kodak HIE for this one:
Bonnie and Trees, Craig, NE, 1987

This one is from the Canonet, loaded with Tri-X:
Don Hasenkamp, Oakland, NE, 1980

The Canonet was easy to bring to class with me and so quiet it was rare when anyone noticed me using it. When that shot appeared in the yearbook, Mr. Hasenkamp was shocked to find out I'd been snapping pix in his classroom!

jbcrane

Some Ilford FP4+ on the Mamiya RZ67 from Colorado

Greetings All, I'm new around here and have only just now found you kindered spirits who still shoot film (been hanging out in the Nikon digital forum, minding my own business...)

I shoot 3 systems: Nikon digital (D3S), my much loved Nikon F6 and Mamiya RZ67 ProII. Here's a few from 3 weeks ago. I just paid off my car and am going through a second honeymoon with her as we replace brakes, tires, iridium spark plugs and all kinds of other hoo-hah. This is the RZ with a 120 back (FP4+) and the 110/2.8 at ƒ22 scanned with the EPSON V500.

Loving all the great pictures here and will come back later to comment... especially love Gary's industrial shots and the french couple dancing... just superb work everyone.

Adios-

jbcrane

More from the F3:
Maggie-
Those are all great. I remember when they were doing the construction on I-70 in Glenwood. Great that you captured that... what a mess that was. Love the dog... long live the F3. Never had one but have heard it's a pleasure to work with...