The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

jbcrane

Definitely a "you are there" photo. I recall driving early one morning in KY over a bridge that spanned the KY river. The fog was rolling heavy, and it was fall. I didn't stop. Your photo reminds me that stopping is part of the battle, and can be oh-so-worth it.

I love Ektar too, though I shoot 90% B&W (on film, anyway).
Hi Mike,
Stopping is tough sometimes. I was alone this trip which made it easier than when my wife and son. They're very patient, but there are limits. I'd just finished shooting in another town about 30 minutes earlier and I know if they'd been with me, this shot wouldn't have happened. I can't remember how many times I've driven by something and did a quick assessment in my head trying to determine if it was actually worth the time/energy to stop or not - before you've gone too far to actually stop!... so yes, I totally agree. I'm trying to stop more. Life's short: shoot a lot of film.

T

tetsrfun

First rolls of film in years...another Civil War re-enactment...'blad, 110/f2, Ektar and B & W conversion

Steve

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Drazin, Welcome back to film. Where was the re-enactment. I just went to one, too.

Mike, These are great. The second one is really special with that funky fence, fall color and the moon above the mountain.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
This one is from the recent re-enactment at Greenbush, Wisconsin. This Matthew Brady re-enactor was capturing the action with a stereo camera. I questioned him, and he revealed that it contained two digital Canons inside.

Contax G2 and 90 f/2.8 converted to black and white in PS

T

tetsrfun

More from the re-enactment..."goofing around" with film...focus on the nose at f/2 and then crop...the Ektar holds the detail quite well. And another with the "antique" look.

Steve

Last edited:

Lewis44

Just got a roll of Velvia 100 back from processing.
Contax G2, 45mm Planar
Morro Bay, California

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
More from the re-enactment..."goofing around" with film...focus on the nose at f/2 and then crop...the Ektar holds the detail quite well. And another with the "antique" look.

Steve
Indeed very impressive detail. Was this with a 135 camera? What lens?

Edit: I found out myself. It's with a Hasselblad, right?

Last edited:

Lewis44

Randy-what was this scanned with? Very impressive image quality for 35mm slide film (right?). Nicely done.
John,
I use a Minolta 5400 and Silverfast Software.
This was scanned @ 2700 dpi with a 4x sample. Very minor adjustments in Photoshop.
You can get a really nice file at these settings at a reasonable scan time.
With the 5400, if you scan @ 5400 dpi and use multi-sampling and ICE, you may have a birthday before it is done scanning.
And Yes, 35mm film. I really like Velvia slide film for scanning.

Cindy,
Thanks. We have the same set-up, camera wise, so with good scanning, this is what you will get as well.

T

tetsrfun

Indeed very impressive detail. Was this with a 135 camera? What lens?

Edit: I found out myself. It's with a Hasselblad, right?
'blad 203 Fe with CZ 110/f2 hand held. Sort of reconfirms my memory that MF film was much more forgiving with hand-held photography. I don't know whether it's emulsion thickness vs thickness of sensor or just decreased expectations compared to "pixel peeping" at 200%.

Steve

Hey everone!

Just found this part of the forum. I started shooting film again a couple of months ago. I'll need some scanning tips to get the most out of my V600. So I'll start with an image!