The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

T

tetsrfun

Steep curves; learning curves, that is: 120 B&W film, bathroom developing and scanning. A lot of variable to strain an aging brain. :>) First efforts from which among other lessons learned are: don't rewind film against the dark slide, the agitation protocol does affect results and dust is a PITA. (Santa Fe, Tetons, and the less photographed part of Mormon Row, JH, Wy.)

Steve

Last edited:

scho

Steep curves; learning curves, that is: 120 B&W film, bathroom developing and scanning. A lot of variable to strain an aging brain. :>) First efforts from which among other lessons learned are: don't rewind film against the dark slide, the agitation protocol does affect results and dust is a PITA. (Santa Fe, Tetons, and the less photographed part of Mormon Row, JH, Wy.)

Steve
Steve,

Very nice results from your first efforts and what beautiful subjects to photograph.

T

tetsrfun

A couple of more from first five rolls of DIY B&W travel snaps. Tri-X 400.

Steve

Last edited:

Scott G

Steve, those are spectacular. It must be great to have those photo ops -- here is what I shot last night (in addition to the pig) :eek:

T

tetsrfun

Steve, those are spectacular. It must be great to have those photo ops -- here is what I shot last night (in addition to the pig) :eek:

I much prefer yours; for want of a better analogy, it's the difference between a mechanic and an artist.

Speaking of photo ops, I lived in Jackson Hole for four years and didn't take a photo during that time.

Steve

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Steve, I like them both. The barn is my favorite. They both have beautiful tones.

ScottG, I love those muted blue/green colors. You are becoming a master of shadows.

mathomas

Steve
Really good first results! What did you develop in? Do you feel you over-agitated?

I've been dev/scanning my own 35mm for a while now, but since I don't have an appropriate scanner for 120, have been taking that to the lab. I wish I had room for a dedicated flatbed.

Keep up the good work...

T

tetsrfun

Really good first results! What did you develop in? Do you feel you over-agitated?
Those rolls were developed with Rodinal (Adox Adonal)...Probably some under-agitated and some over..but who knows. If anyone has a link to a scientific rational for various agitation protocols, please post....For now, I think that I will start using the "Massive Dev Chart" protocol and times.

Steve