The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

sizifo

Here's one of my first scans with my recently acquired epson 4490 (photo taken with hasselblad 80mm hp5).

It looks pretty good to me (some detail shown in the second jpg). Have no idea how it would print. The real resolution of the thing seems to be somewhere between 1200-2200 dpi. I'm scanning at the higher value, in full color. Getting 200mb files :) , but that seems to give the best looking results. One problem is that the dust removal is useless, giving very strong artifacts, so the dust removal must be done by hand.

BTW, many thanks to Lars for suggesting the scanner.

helenhill

CINDY:
I have a Love/hate relationship with the Contax G System
at the moment
however Leaning towards LOVE and definitely without DOUBT a KEEPER
Its sooo Different than an M in terms of handling, Viewing
The Glass is inexpensive YET EXQUISITE....
G Glass: 16mm, 21mm2.8 biogon. 28mm2.8 biogon,
35mm f2 Planar, 45 f2 Planar, 90mm Sonnar

I fell in Love with an Art/Street Photographer Leonard Neumann whose work I ADORE w/ the G1 shot all about the World
Wonderful series of His B&W Work in 'South Africa'

and a photojournalist Cameron Davidson's work / Prefer his 'Haiti' set to 'Haiti 2009' set
( 95% of that work shot w/G1 &G2 & 5% M4 & 35 Cron ).

There is a GREAT site: www.contaxg.com
where you can access FAB photos with the G system / 'Under Categories'

I Look forward to using it MORE & MORE
Its hard to get a bad shot really
the discipline is more in Framing/Composition
less Time in fussing with the lens

Best-H :cool:

Last edited:

helenhill

Whats interesting to me
is how sooo many of the shots have a RETRO feel wth the G1/G2
particularly in B&W
and yet its a VERY Modern Camera (made in the 1995/1996) & Glass

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I finally have a photo scanned from the Rolleiflex. I'm still brand new to the scanner. This one straight out without any fiddling.:confused: Epson V700

I'm not loving the square format yet. It seems very hard to frame, but does slow me down...so that is a good thing.
I was very happy that my exposures were all good from the first roll developed (which was not the first roll shot...that one is still waiting to be developed.)

fotografz

I finally have a photo scanned from the Rolleiflex. I'm still brand new to the scanner. This one straight out without any fiddling.:confused: Epson V700

I'm not loving the square format yet. It seems very hard to frame, but does slow me down...so that is a good thing.
I was very happy that my exposures were all good from the first roll developed (which was not the first roll shot...that one is still waiting to be developed.)
Cindy, it's "Hip To Be Square." Give it some time.

-Marc

emmawest72

Cindy,

Pick up some books from Avedon,Irving Penn,david bailey, and myself of course...:LOL::LOL: ..they should give you some good square inspiration!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy,

Pick up some books from Avedon,Irving Penn,david bailey, and myself of course...:LOL::LOL: ..they should give you some good square inspiration!
William,
You are a huge inspiration to me.
I'm not giving up on square. I'm just not loving it yet.:ROTFL:
I need to get to know this scanner, too. It is quite different from my Nikon V.
You made the scanner switch, William. Any hints? I'm sure I'm not getting all that I could from these big, square negs.:eek:

Francois_A

Beautiful image William! :thumbup:

I find that the photograph she is looking at adds some mystery.
The highlights are superb, and would be hard to mimic with digital.

maddoc

I like square, sometimes ... and he doesn't care very much about equipment ...

Hasselblad 500 CM / 80mm Planar 2.8 T* / Portra 400VC / Gitzo Tripod