The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

T

turbo

Wow. Very cool sequence. Tack sharp, great light too. Nice indeed.
:salute:
Thanks, Lloyd. The lighting was provided by a home-made macro flash I built back around 1980. I mounted two flash tubes on the sides of a Cokin lens hood. It's all manual, but I've been using it for so long now that I intuitively know what to set the aperture to for a given bellows extension.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. The lighting was provided by a home-made macro flash I built back around 1980. I mounted two flash tubes on the sides of a Cokin lens hood. It's all manual, but I've been using it for so long now that I intuitively know what to set the aperture to for a given bellows extension.
Nice. If it ain't broke... And it certainly ain't!! :thumbup:

T

turbo

Turbo, I'm really impressed. I'd love to see a picture of the home-made macro flash set-up.
Thanks, Cindy.

The flash head is built around a Cokin lens hood. The switches on the back allow me to turn on/off each flash tube, so I can get some side lighting if wanted. The socket connects to the batteries and flash electronics.

M

msglueck

@turbo:
lovely shot. especially like the dear which I didn't see at first. :)

bensonga

I inadvertently posted this on a thread "Black and White pics, show yours!!!" that I didn't realize was for 4/3rds cameras.....so here it is in a more appropriate spot.

The Maxine in Seward Alaska. Pentax 67, Ilford FP4. Scanned with an Epson V750 Pro, printed with an Epson 2400 on 13x19 Ilford Gold Fibre Silk paper for an upcoming print exchange.

Gary

Lloyd

I inadvertently posted this on a thread "Black and White pics, show yours!!!" that I didn't realize was for 4/3rds cameras.....so here it is in a more appropriate spot.

The Maxine in Seward Alaska. Pentax 67, Ilford FP4. Scanned with an Epson V750 Pro, printed with an Epson 2400 on 13x19 Ilford Gold Fibre Silk paper for an upcoming print exchange.

Gary
Gorgeous image.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Cindy.

The flash head is built around a Cokin lens hood. The switches on the back allow me to turn on/off each flash tube, so I can get some side lighting if wanted. The socket connects to the batteries and flash electronics.

Thanks for sharing, Turbo. It is a very cool setup. I wish I had skills to put together something like this.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Gary

This is a beauty, Gary.

bensonga

Thanks for the kind words Lloyd and Cindy. Wish I could say this was recent work, but I think I took that photo 10+ years ago. I don't get out as often as I should anymore. I think another trip to Seward is called for...it's an interesting town in a very beautiful location. I'll have to check and see if the Maxine is still sitting there. :)

Gary

Beautiful shot Gary

Here is a bad neg but got Good memories....quite a number of years ago
Minox / Restaurant in NYC ...
A shot of Eric with our Dear Old Friend Jimmy Page :)
Amazing - I haven't seen an image of Jimmy Page in years, but picked out his face in that image on a fast scan through this post! What a gift that guy's talents are to us!

Reed

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Lloyd. This is one of my favorite places in the world, too.

BTW, I just realized I put it in the wrong thread. It should have been in the Leica M thread.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. This is one of my favorite places in the world, too.

BTW, I just realized I put it in the wrong thread. It should have been in the Leica M thread.
I noticed it was the M4-P, but I say it works anywhere!! :thumbup: