The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Maggie O

Thanks, Steve!

Here's a couple more IR Kodak HIE shots:

IR Sky, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

IR Mom in the Living Room, Craig, NE, January, 1987

Lloyd

Thanks, Steve!

Here's a couple more IR Kodak HIE shots:

IR Sky, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

IR Mom in the Living Room, Craig, NE, January, 1987

Very eerie look to those.

(I used to do some photography for a personal injury law firm, back when I was in college. Lots of pictures of wounds, stumps, and other assorted unsightly stuff. Then one of the attorneys discovered that if I used color IR film, the scars would look worse than without. Anything to increase the value of the claim, eh? :))

Lars

(I used to do some photography for a personal injury law firm, back when I was in college. Lots of pictures of wounds, stumps, and other assorted unsightly stuff. Then one of the attorneys discovered that if I used color IR film, the scars would look worse than without. Anything to increase the value of the claim, eh? :))
A picture never lies. :ROTFL:

Stuart Richardson

Yes, those are really lovely! What is Arthur's Seat?

Here are some recent film ones. I have been going back to some older lenses and cameras for a softer look lately...

I have been using them in particular to photograph some parts of the Icelandic landscape. One of the things I like about certain areas is how quite and empty they are -- how the landscape is almost featureless...I kind of want the photos to have the same starkness.
These were with an OM1 and 50/1.4

And here is one with an Iskra, which is a folding Soviet 6x6 rangefinder. I got it at a flea market in Estonia...

Maggie O

More old negs from the F3 and XP1:

Grandpa's Workbench, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

Borg Scale, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

Sue And Grandma, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

Grandma Osterberg, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

Looking For A Tool, Omaha, NE, January, 1987

leif e

Maggie! I join the others! those are great images. Your grandpa looking for the right tool reminds me of my own grandfather - he was a blacksmith. I more or less grew up in his workshop, but the man packed his tools and business in before I was into photography.
leif e

sizifo

Thanks, y'all!!
Glad a few liked the windy Arthur's Seat photo. Although I'm consistently surprised which photos get a reaction and which don't.

>>Yes, those are really lovely! What is Arthur's Seat?
Hill overlooking Edinburgh.

>>And here is one with an Iskra, which is a folding Soviet 6x6 rangefinder.
Sounds very industrial :thumbup: . I think "iskra" means "spark" in russian.

Interesting idea with the uncoated lenses - love the one with the blurry road in the lower rh corner. I imagine the effect comes across better a big print.

>>Awesome Photo & PP!
No PP just Tri-X and some sharpening.

That Cedar Bowl photo is great Maggie, keep going back to it.