The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Maggie O

Maggie: All nice! The detail , color, DOF in the "Egg" is exceptional. :thumbup: Also, can't go wrong with a Bunn.
Thanks, Matt! I wonder what species came out of the egg, it's about the size of a Robin's egg. Also, Bunn is a very glamorous rabbit, don't you think? :cool:

Maggie O

Bunn is glamorous. Is that the same one that you've posted photos of before? Cheers, Matt.
Probably the same rabbit, but I can't be positive. There's two different family groups of rabbits I photograph- one lives in and around my yard and the other lives a few blocks away...I think. They might be the same bunch of rabbits both places!

Maggie O

Here's some shots from the F3, taken back in the 1980's, with the Nikkor 28/2.8:

Dart Driving Lara, June, 1989

Dan and Mark's Kitchen, Minneapolis, MN, 1986

Bonnie By the Barn, Craig, NE, 1986

The films used were, in order, T-Max, Tri-X and Tech Pan.

Maggie O

Maggie: Well done! A Dodge dart! Your negs are in pristine condition. Well scanned and processed. Wow, do you actually remember the lens? Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Maggie..Cool Set!:)
Thanks, guys!!

Matt, yeah it's easy for me to remember the lens! I only had the one!!! (Well, I had a 50/1.7, but it got left in Minnesota that trip, so all I had was the 28!) Oh, and I have spent hours spotting my scans in Photoshop, so sadly, no, my negs aren't in pristine condition. I'm just obsessive!

m_driscoll

Thanks, guys!!

Matt, yeah it's easy for me to remember the lens! I only had the one!!! (Well, I had a 50/1.7, but it got left in Minnesota that trip, so all I had was the 28!) Oh, and I have spent hours spotting my scans in Photoshop, so sadly, no, my negs aren't in pristine condition. I'm just obsessive!
Maggie: I had several lenses, but, i kept hocking them (and the guitars) for tuition and 0ther early 1970's essentials. Excellent job with the "spotting"!

These look like, i could have taken them with a 28mm lens? Early 1970's, Nikkormat and Tri-X 400.

This is the North end of the Pike Place Market (where the spiffy gazebo with the neon is now). That's the original Starbuck's on the corner (1971-1976; replaced by a condo). The one the tourists photograph, and think is the first one, isn't (that's where the Cast Iron Maidens always play).

Looking the other way towards the Pike Place Market (must have been a Sunday).

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Maggie: I had several lenses, but, i kept hocking them (and the guitars) for tuition and 0ther early 1970's essentials. Excellent job with the "spotting"!

These look like, i could have taken them with a 28mm lens? Early 1970's, Nikkormat and Tri-X 400.

This is the North end of the Pike Place Market (where the spiffy gazebo with the neon is now). That's the original Starbuck's on the corner (1971-1976; replaced by a condo). The one the tourists photograph, and think is the first one, isn't (that's where the Cast Iron Maidens always play).

Cheers, Matt

Nice shots Matt. I especially like the reflective road surface in the second one. BTW, I spent the summer of 1976 in Seattle, actually, I lived out near Snohomish, and was building houses in a then very rural Lake Stevens. I'd go to the Mariners games on weekends, and hung around downtown. Your old shots conjure lots of memories.

Maggie O

Thanks, Matt! The healing spot brush in Photoshop is one of the greatest inventions ever, IMO! I sold a lot of guitars when I was young, too. But eventually wound up with a Nikon and a Stratocaster that I've still got, even though now I use Leicas and Telecasters! :ROTFL:

Love those vintage shots of your neighborhood, and yeah, those totally look like 28mm frames to me. The geometry of the painted lines playng with the street grid and the edges of the buildings really makes that first shot a formal delight and the light on the cobblestones in the second is just sensuous! They'd make a great diptych, with both printed at around 16x24, I reckon.