The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

JimCollum

I bought 300 rolls of 220 of the stuff once it's discontinuance was announced. You can still get it in sheet format though.

I also buy the pyrocat premixed (well.. there's a part A and B ). The dust is the bad stuff... but i still wear gloves. the developing for the 220 is done in a tank, so no tray for that

m_driscoll

Matt....Gorgeous!!!
Very painterly colors in both pix, Matt. Really, really gorgeous. I could see both of them as big, Giclée canvas prints on each wall of a corner.
Yes, they look great Matt. I particularly like that second one. I'd love to see that part of California!
Steve/Maggie/Stuart: Sorry, I haven't been here in a few days. Thank you very much! :D:D:D

I've been scanning slides of Japan from 1991. Last night, the software went wonky and only did one scan instead of 12? :(:confused:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

some more TXP and Pyro shots
From my wanderings thru Fall Creek
Jim: This set of photos and the first are extremely beautiful! They're really 3-dimensional. You can almost walk down the path.

The first seven years of my life were downwind from Hanford, so the pyro doesn't bother me (I glow at night). But, I'll stick to sending them to the lab, anyway. Kudos to those who do their own developing. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Maggie O

Jim: This set of photos and the first are extremely beautiful! They're really 3-dimensional. You can almost walk down the path.
Let me second that in the strongest way possible! Those are gorgeous and there's a depth to the image that is almost mind-bending! I've been shooting since 1974 and I've NEVER been able to come close to the magnificent job you've done with this subject! WOW!

Stuart Richardson

Yes, they are really lovely! I love the third one as well, with the single tree. It would be really lovely to be there right now...

Here is a color one I developed recently. I do not like color developing! Or color neg! But it seems to work.

And these are from the same outing the other night with my friend.

Apologies...I know they are all quite similar, but I like the different nuances.

Lloyd

Yes, I'm with Jim and Maggie. Beautiful images of beautiful women. Gotta love Iceland!! ;)

BTW, Jim, you've posted some stellar work here lately as well.

Maggie: You just keep rockin' da house!

m_driscoll

Perfectly Stated!
Stuart: +1, + 1, ditto.

I like that you posted the variations. Here's my 2 cents. Where her eyes are looking seems to be the most important variable. I think that i like the first one the most, even though, she's (maybe) looking slightly high. To me,the second portrait wants more context to her left, and mayber her whole body shown, similar to one of your earlier posts with the cotton grass. PP in all three is excellent. You have a talent for images that appear low in overall contrast, but have great detail and dynamic range. Nicely done color photo, also.

Cheers, Matt

Stuart Richardson

Thank you all very much! I really appreciate the kind words!
Matt -- thanks for the critique, I think it is really useful. I agree with you that I like the first one the most, even if she looks high (I swear, no pot involved! Heh, I know what you meant...). I like the expression (whatever is going on in the mouth/pout), as well as the angle and the fortuitous breeze. Interesting comment on the second one as well, I had not really considered that! It makes sense.
On post processing -- I don't think I can take much credit! I try to find soft light, and the rest is mostly due to Carl Zeiss, George Eastman and Alfred Harman! I only apply a tiny curve.

I really like the colors you have captured in the market. I think you also did a nice job with the capture of the woman at the fruitstand. The lighting highlights the arm really well and the darker processing on the rest of her body clearly separates it from the "butt shot" genre (anyone on the Leica forum a couple of years ago remember that whole genre??).

Ok, a couple more -- some graphic designers (and M8 shooters! Sacrilege!) visited the lab the other day...I was showing them the Hexar AF. I think its shutter made them jealous as their M8 gunshots went off! (kidding of course).