The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
Matt,
I certainly enjoy these pictures. It looks like they were taken at the Pike Place Market where I used to go every Saturday morning when I was a grad student at the UW many years ago.
Shelby

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Early 1970's. Tri-X Pan. Embarrassing, but, I don't remember her name! I did remember that Patty was the name of my friend that i posted earlier. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
This one makes you wish quitting digital... and the (obnoxious) 21st century.
All for good.

(sorry guys first post on this thread that i'd barely noticed till today... terrific work y'all.
Will try to play later... down memory lane)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Matt, Nice stuff. I love those last two from the 70's.

I'm still playing with the scale focus Rollie35s. For some reason, I love the challenge of this funky little camera. I need to put some black and white in it next.
This one is Ektra, but I thought that it needed to be desaturated for this subject.
Mitchell's House

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
Matt, I like both those shots, and the second one sure has some good tension in it.

Scott, I can make a story up in my mind with these shots. Excellent.

Cindy, you've captured a real sad house there. It reminds me of some houses that I've seen out in Eastern Colorado. The Rollie 35 is quite a camera. I used one some time ago and really liked it.

Shelby

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
And here she is at age 6 months. Pillow in the bell for support.
Graphic 4x5, Tri-x pushed so hard the grain was like popcorn.
Shelby

Last edited:

Scott G

Shelby, that is without doubt one of the best photographs I have ever seen! I could look at that a thousand times and it would still evoke the same reaction.

m_driscoll

Scott: Very dynamic, sketchy images! I especially like this one. :thumbs::thumbup: They don't let me out at night, so, your night photos are special to me.

Matt, I like both those shots, and the second one sure has some good tension in it....
My oldest daughter in the early 1970s. Rollicord 6x6.
Shelby
And here she is at age 6 months. Pillow in the bell for support.
Graphic 4x5, Tri-x pushed so hard the grain was like popcorn.
Shelby
Shelby: Thank you, sir. :D Excellent captures of your daughter. That second one's really special. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt, Nice stuff. I love those last two from the 70's.

I'm still playing with the scale focus Rollie35s. For some reason, I love the challenge of this funky little camera. I need to put some black and white in it next.
This one is Ektra, but I thought that it needed to be desaturated for this subject.
Mitchell's House
Cindy: Thanks! :D The desaturation makes it seem even more wan, and abandoned. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt