The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

m_driscoll

Beautiful images Matt. Love the B&W tones in those big props.
Claire, Cindy, Matt -- fantastic photos!
Scho/Scott: Thank you! :D

Matt, Isn't it small? I couldn't believe how much smaller and lighter than an M it was when I first held one. I didn't have a meter with me yesterday, so I used sunny 16. It is very relaxing shooting this camera.
Thanks Matt, Carl, Claire and Scott.
Cindy: It's quite small and light compared to an M. 60 yr. old tech!

Hi Oliver,
You were very successful with this shot. The conditions were not easy with the darkness and action. I really like the steam coming up from the bottom and the position of the light pole.
The Canonet was my first rangefinder and the camera that started my love-affair with rangefinders.
Oliver: +1. Nice photo. :salute:

Lost the link to this one above
Scott: Beautiful! :thumbup:

Wow! These are terrific! Welcome back to the Dark Side, I hope we'll see lots more from you. :cool:
Jorgen: Excellent series! Very attractive, consistent, tonality. It is a fun respite from digital, isn't it? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Scott, I really like what you are getting from the Hasselblad. I imagine that you did get muddy, but it was worth it.
I like the Holga photo, too, but I notice that there is some degradation of sharpness in the corners with the Holga glass. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Hasselblad - had to get muddy for these :D

Holga - nice and clean :thumbup:

Scott G

Scott, I really like what you are getting from the Hasselblad. I imagine that you did get muddy, but it was worth it.
I like the Holga photo, too, but I notice that there is some degradation of sharpness in the corners with the Holga glass. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I think I got an extra special soft plastic lens in that Holga...I was hoping LR3 would correct it but it doesn't recognize the exif data :D

T

tokengirl

I was at Target doing some shopping when I cut through the toy aisle and noticed this guy staring at me. It's nice to always have a camera with you, even if it's for silly photos.

And then I noticed Raggedy Ann hiding behind her army of Sock Monkeys...

Fuji Klasse W, TMax P3200. I'm glad I only bought one roll of it, I don't care for it - it's just too grainy. While I like the TMax films in 120, the 35mm versions have a ridiculous barrel curve that makes scanning a total pain in the butt. :cussing:

m_driscoll

I bought a Leica IIIf yesterday. Now, i'm looking for a good collapsable Leica 50mm f/2. I got a collapsable Canon 50mm f/1.9 with it.

Meanwhile, here's a few old ones from the 70's. Houseboats on Lake Union and the Gasworks Park when it was still a Gasworks. Nikkormat and Kodak Tri-X Pan.

Cheers, Matt

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Tokengirl, I really like the Annie and her sock monkey photo.

Matt, Congrats on the IIIf. Isn't it a fantastic size?? I love using it, too. Unfortunately, my IIIf and Summitar collapsible had to go back (shutter speeds off). I bought a IIIg here in the b/s this week and can't wait for it to get here.

m_driscoll

I was at Target doing some shopping when I cut through the toy aisle and noticed this guy staring at me. It's nice to always have a camera with you, even if it's for silly photos.

And then I noticed Raggedy Ann hiding behind her army of Sock Monkeys...

Fuji Klasse W, TMax P3200. I'm glad I only bought one roll of it, I don't care for it - it's just too grainy. While I like the TMax films in 120, the 35mm versions have a ridiculous barrel curve that makes scanning a total pain in the butt. :cussing:
Claire: Nicely seen! I like the grain in these, but, I hear you on the "curve". Did you ask why he was staring? :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

I bought a Leica IIIf yesterday. Now, i'm looking for a good collapsable Leica 50mm f/2. I got a collapsable Canon 50mm f/1.9 with it.

Meanwhile, here's a few old ones from the 70's. Houseboats on Lake Union and the Gasworks Park when it was still a Gasworks. Nikkormat and Kodak Tri-X Pan.

Cheers, Matt

These are all really nice Matt. These two are very nostalgic for me... I was working in the Lake Stevens area (which was very rural back then), building houses in the mid-70s. Followed a girl from college... didn't work out, but I had a great summer anyway. Started dating a woman who lived near Lake Union. These are very reminiscent.

m_driscoll

These are all really nice Matt. These two are very nostalgic for me... I was working in the Lake Stevens area (which was very rural back then), building houses in the mid-70s. Followed a girl from college... didn't work out, but I had a great summer anyway. Started dating a woman who lived near Lake Union. These are very reminiscent.
Lloyd: Thanks! :D The houseboats are a lot more upscale these days. My father actually lived in one for a while, just before WWII, when he was in college.

From today
Hasselblad w/Ilford Pan F Plus

Holga Double Exposure w/Tri X :eek:
Scott: Great photos! I love this one. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Scott G

Thanks Matt. I neglected to mention, your Lake photos are fantastic! Also congrats on the the IIIf, post a pic if you can, I have never seen one.