The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Scott G

Who says you need a reason? ;)

You are kicking butt with this MF stuff. My goal next year is to delve into MF of some sort - the only MF gear I have now is my pinhole camera. But i think I'm ready to take it to a new level, you know, something with an actual lens. :D
I'd like to try a pinhole camera! There is a guy on Flickr called Pommes en Vrac's who does insanely good photos with a pinhole camera made from a beer can. I think that qualifies as recycling :thumbup:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Scott, Congratulations on the Rollieflex. I love the photos that come out of the Rollie's, but I had trouble getting used to shooting mine. I'll be looking forward to shots from yours.

Scott G

Thank's Cindy, I suspect that it will be a struggle for me as well but we will see how it goes. It was an impulse buy, based on my current addition to MF, 6x6, and Zeiss Planar's. You never know until you try! I hope it works out because this thing is just insanely small and the shutter is virtually silent.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
My Rollei was a big 2.8F TLR. It just didn't seem intimate enough. I'd love to see a picture of the Rollei C. I have a Rollei 35S scale focus that I still use.

Speaking of small, I just got my little Leica iiig back from a CLA. She also got a new red "coat".

Scottsdale Waterfront iiig, Jupiter 8 50 f/2, Kodak Bw400CN

PeterA

I LOVE all the shots you people are posting - and for Christmas I am going to reload my XPan - thanks for keeping it 'real'...everyone

m_driscoll

I'm going to start where i left off a week ago.

Scott: "Bowlegged" (I had to study it a bit); "Picnic" (very inviting, as long as no one's "cut bait" on the table); and "401" (nice reflection; feels like nowhere). Very eclectic set.
Scott: Exceptional B & W's! Ditto to what Cindy said.
Scott: The "chevrolet" is extremely well done. Beautiful color, nice snowflakes and street lamps, in the second. The dark area at lower left really pushes you into the photo.
Scott: Why not? Great stark scene. Your photos sometimes bring "nothing" to life (the bus interior), and sometimes, make "nothing" even deader (park bench). The bus seems populated, while the park is lifeless. Warm and cold tones?
Claire: You're "kicking butt" with your "new best friend"! I can see George and Paul and it probably says that the Beatles are now on iTunes. Awesome vertical.
Cindy: Cool camera. Where did it go for the spa treatment? Is that water a little higher now?
Scott: Excellent composition using light and shadow definition.
William: Like a watercolor.
Scott: Holga and Hassy. Nice comparative set of photos.

Happy holidays to everyone. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Scott G

A couple of homeless guys posing for me. We had a nice talk for a few minutes - funny how they were more enthused about the holidays than I am for some reason....not sure what that says about me....but I did walk away feeling better about things...

BTW I think the Holga did pretty well here!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited: