The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

mathomas

Definitely don't give up the Fuji, that's a really cool camera.

Put a few pennies aside here and there, bet you have enough saved up by Christmas. Older Hassies that function perfectly can be had for surprisingly little money, if you are willing to put up with an old lens, old focusing screen, etc. You don't need bells and whistles, just a camera that works correctly.

'Tis true. I actually have a 45° finder for Hassy tucked away, on the principle that I'll buy one bit at a time, and eventually have a camera (kind of like Klinger from M.A.S.H., and the Jeep he was sending back to America).

Lloyd

'Tis true. I actually have a 45° finder for Hassy tucked away, on the principle that I'll buy one bit at a time, and eventually have a camera (kind of like Klinger from M.A.S.H., and the Jeep he was sending back to America).
I got my 747 that way. :D

mathomas

A few at the local park with the Fuji GW690III + Delta 400 (my favorite B&W film for MF). Lab dev/scan. I had them scan at "high res", which resulted in 90MB files. Should be plenty high resolution for big prints :).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Scott, #1 is my favorite.:thumbs:

Mike, I really like what you are getting from Delta 400. There are lots of nice tones. I really like the dam shot.

m_driscoll

All: Some real cool photos posted since i was last here! Thanks everybody for sharing.

I only have a few recents scans of some negatives from 1971 to share. Taken in an, unfortunately long gone, shop below the Pike Place Market. All (i think?) with a Nikkormat FTN, 50mm f/2, and Tri-X Pan. Developed by me somewhere using something (it was a long time ago!).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Matt, It must be fun to go back through all of these fantastic photos that you have from long ago. There are so many good shots! I really enjoy looking at them.

T

tokengirl

I only have a few recents scans of some negatives from 1971 to share. Taken in an, unfortunately long gone, shop below the Pike Place Market. All (i think?) with a Nikkormat FTN, 50mm f/2, and Tri-X Pan. Developed by me somewhere using something (it was a long time ago!).

These are terrific. Glad you're sharing this old stuff.

All the advances in camera technology these days are great, but great 40-year old photos are still great photos no matter what. :)

T

tokengirl

I tried my first roll of Provia last Sunday, I like it very much. It has more contrast and saturation than Astia, but it doesn't make your eyes bleed like Velvia.

On my way to the Secret Place:

The Secret Place. Getting here requires a half mile walk in mostly knee-deep water and muck, but I love being here just as the sun is coming up to listen to the Everglades come to life. The first time is kind of spooky, but after that it's highly addictive.

mathomas

Great, Mike. The last one´my favorite.
Thanks, Leif :salute:

Scott, #1 is my favorite.:thumbs:

Mike, I really like what you are getting from Delta 400. There are lots of nice tones. I really like the dam shot.
Thanks, Cindy. I had a pretty good shooting day. It was pretty overcast, which for me leads to good tones. I also shot without a filter (I often shoot with a medium 1-stop yellow filter), which I think held the contrast down.

Delta 400 has been my most reliable film for medium format. I still get mine lab processed/scanned and the Delta 400 emulsion seems to get along well with the chems and scanner they use. I've tried other, slower, "artsier" emulsions (Efke & Rollei, for example) but they have always come out way too contrasty for my taste.

Delta 100 pushed one stop has worked pretty well too but I think Delta 100 is a pretty contrasty emulsion.

Especially love this one. Very nice. :thumbup:
Thanks. One of my faves, too. I'll probably get this printed large, and see how it looks.

mathomas

All: Some real cool photos posted since i was last here! Thanks everybody for sharing.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt -- great shooting environment there, and great results, too. I find it hard to believe it's 35mm Tri-X -- it looks so grain-free, especially this first shot.

RF_Licks

Hello all, I've been following this thread for awhile, lots of wonderful pictures from everyone.
Hope you don't mind if I post a few pictures with my newly acquired Rolleiflex 2.8E. This is my first TLR and she's a beauty! HP5 Plus DDX 1+4.

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)