The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

leif e

Joe, nice first shots from your ´flex! The icicles, my favorite.

Those pictures from the Everglades are gorgeous, as were the b&ws. The first is very appealing - the simplicity, I guess!

leif e

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I tried my first roll of Provia last Sunday, I like it very much. It has more contrast and saturation than Astia, but it doesn't make your eyes bleed like Velvia.

On my way to the Secret Place:

The Secret Place. Getting here requires a half mile walk in mostly knee-deep water and muck, but I love being here just as the sun is coming up to listen to the Everglades come to life. The first time is kind of spooky, but after that it's highly addictive.

The Coastal Prairie Trailhead in Everglades National Park.

You are a braver woman than I am to go slogging through the everglades. Be safe...worst comes to worst, hit the gator over the head with the Hassy.;)
The photos from the everglades are so beautiful. You really have a good eye and your post processing is excellent.

RF_Licks

Thanks leif, Cindy & Claire :salute:

By the way, Claire, I'm enjoying your Everglade series, very nice work!

Joe

m_driscoll

These are terrific. Glad you're sharing this old stuff.

All the advances in camera technology these days are great, but great 40-year old photos are still great photos no matter what. :)
I tried my first roll of Provia last Sunday, I like it very much. It has more contrast and saturation than Astia, but it doesn't make your eyes bleed like Velvia.

On my way to the Secret Place:

The Secret Place. Getting here requires a half mile walk in mostly knee-deep water and muck, but I love being here just as the sun is coming up to listen to the Everglades come to life. The first time is kind of spooky, but after that it's highly addictive.

Claire: Thanks! :D These are great. The film seems perfect for the moody, dark, everglades. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt -- great shooting environment there, and great results, too. I find it hard to believe it's 35mm Tri-X -- it looks so grain-free, especially this first shot.
Mike: Thanks! :D I checked, again. It was "Kodak Tri-X Pan". Which, I think was ISO 320 in the early 1970's? I could be over-processing it with Nik Define 2.0; but, I usually back way off from the default.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

This is another one from the early 1970's. Nikkormat and Kodak Plus-X Pan. I've spent a lot of time processing (over-processing?) it different ways. These are the four(?) that i ended up with. The main differences are the way the blown highlights at the top and bottom are treated and in the structure/grain.

I'd appreciate some criticism. Cheer, Matt

sizifo

Matt, very subtle differences on my monitor and too difficult to compare while scrolling to say anything helpful.

Here are a few recent Hasselblad photos from Vietnam, TriX and HP5

David K

Workshop Member
The light and tones are incredible in this one!
You can say that again... Just discovered this thread and have really enjoyed the images posted. Haven't shot film in what seems like forever but may have to rethink that. There really is something special about a lot of these shots.