The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

retow

First shots with my new old GR1V. Developed in the Pharmacy around the corner, low resolution scans.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This is the first roll of film I've developed in 25 years, so I'm delighted that *anything* came out.:toocool:
Pentax 645NII, 120/4 Macro, 30 seconds at f/22. Ilford FP4

Here's one with the 80-160/4.5 FA at 160, f/8. Through a plate glass window. My pics at f/4 looked soft. That must be due to the window glass, as this lens was sharp when mounted on a Canon 1DsII.

And one with the 35/3.5 FA Looks good..

I could get more detail with digital, but the light! The light! <swoon>

Today was just lens testing... this weekend I'll shoot a bunch more.

Laters,

Matt

Last edited:

mathomas

Haven't been here for a while. Biiiig mistake. Some brilliant photos in this thread.

Just got my first roll of FP4 back from the lab. What a great film! Just the kind of film that makes me take more photos... on film :)

Contax RX with 85mm f/1.4

This one makes me a little seasick, but I like it nonetheless :). I'll be that 85/1.4 is fun to shoot on the RX.

mathomas

OK, I finally got out to burn some more film. This time Portra NC in the Contax RX. This is the first non-Ektar color film I've shot since returning to film. I ended up punching them up a bit, so I'll probably stick with Ektar from now on (unless I suddenly start shooting people, or something weird like that :)).

(converted in Nik Silver Efex 2)

shtarka1

Matt, the 645Nii is Rockin some Serious Film! Congrats & Nice Set!

Mike, Love the first two! Great Color & Comps! Great Job!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
More with the 645NII. Such a pleasure to have smooth shadows.:toocool:

Dark hallway with 80-160/4.5 at about f/13.

And annoying the family on Saturday morning. Isn't that what new cameras are for? :LOL:

Matt

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Scott, Love the Ferris Wheel photo.

Matt, Nice tones. Beautiful photos from the Pentax.

Mike, Try the Portra 400 (new one, not NC or VC). It has a lot of latitude for over/under exposure and nice grain structure. I think the colors of these NC photos looks very good.

mathomas

Mike, Love the first two! Great Color & Comps! Great Job!
Mike, Try the Portra 400 (new one, not NC or VC). It has a lot of latitude for over/under exposure and nice grain structure. I think the colors of these NC photos looks very good.
Thanks for your comments :)

Yes, I'll have to try the new Portra "generic". I've had this box of NC in the fridge for a while now, and just thought I needed to give it a shot. I'll probably just keep it in there as a back-up.