The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
krb, I like these. My favorite is #1 with the woman looking into the mirror. #2 is really beautiful with the shiny metal. #3 has nice geometry going on.

Scott, Wow! I love how you really get into the details in your photos.

K

krb

My first time push processing.
Shot this while walking around at night a few months ago and developed it last night in TMax developer pushed 2 stops.

mathomas

FM2, 2,8/24 AId, Fuji Acros 100, Rodinal 1+50

Leif, fantastic tonality from 35mm on these (I've become a medium format bigot). Tripod, or hand-held? I'll have to try Acros again! Did you do a standard, or stand development in the Rodinal?

mathomas

Charleston cobblestone street
Contax 645, CZ 80 f/2, Portra 400
Contax 645?? I hate you. :)

Actually, before buying my Hassy 500c/m, I considered a Contax because I like my RX so much. I decided to go the square route, partially because I already have a 645 camera. The Contax' are still pretty dear, too, esp the lenses.

Nice shot, regardless of what camera it came out of. Great shadow detail. That Portra 400 looks to be an amazing fast color film (as you've said before). I have yet to get/shoot some.

K

krb

Candids from Colonial Williamsburg last Saturday.
Mamiya 645, Mamiya 80/1.9, TMax 100, TMax developer

K

krb

And one more from the same day. This on TMax 400 and using the Mamiya 50/4 shift because the focus ring on my 80mm broke.

leif e

I´m really getting over my fear for Rodinal/TriX. Being lighter on the agitation/inversion routine and using 1+50, it´s not that dangerous anymore.:D
Still more contrasty and grainy than with XTOL, but I like it as well.
These two are shot on Arista Premium (=TriX). Doggy slightly cropped.
FM2, old NIkkor 1,4/50mm AId

Last edited:

leif e

Something strange happened. I also tried to answer Mike that the woods shots were handheld and Rodinal 1+50. And; that I liked the bike as well. But that disappeared after being double at first. Well ... :)

mathomas

Something strange happened. I also tried to answer Mike that the woods shots were handheld and Rodinal 1+50. And; that I liked the bike as well. But that disappeared after being double at first. Well ... :)
I get the message, anyway :).

I like Rodinal, even with Tri-X. I have to make everything work in it, since I only have that and Diafine (well, and Perceptol, which I have not had the nerve to mix up and use).

Sounds like you and I are in the same place with Rodinal -- I am learning to agitate very gently. I'm shooting a lot of medium format lately, and that's a little more forgiving, luckily.

mathomas

On the medium format note, here are a few I took while visiting my home region of central Kentucky back in May. These are all with the Fuji GA645Zi (Great, great camera and I highly recommend it. But notice how many verticals -- that's the "native" orientation.).

First three on Rollei Retro 80S, Rodinal stand 1hr. Last one is Delta 400 @ 200, with 20% reduction in development, Rodinal 1+50, 11 minutes.

clark county, kentucky by mike thomas, on Flickr

roots & rocks, boonesborough state park by mike thomas, on Flickr