The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful portrait, ReeRay, under what seems to be rather challenging lighting. Did you find Acros 100 her in Thailand? I've always wanted to try that film.

ReeRay

Thanks for the comment Jorgen.
I couldn't source Acros in Thailand so bought from eBay. This was my first time with the film. IQ lab in BKK developed and I scanned. Real easy film to work with.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Three from Sapa, Vietnam. All on Ilford Delta 100. Unfortunately, my old, trashy scanner can't show all the fine detail in this film, not even close.

OM-2 with Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro

OM-2 with Zuiko 28mm f/2.8

OM-2 with Zuiko 100mm f/2.8

Lloyd

These really are terrific, Jorgen. I love the subtle tonalities, but what I really love is that first shot. Priceless and timeless all at once.

leif e

The last 25 years or so I´ve taken hundreds of photographs of this mountain. It is however not very photogenic - always. But when the weather turns it turns a more friendly face (or not).

FM2n, Nikkor 2,8/135 AI, Acros 100 in Rodinal 1+50

leif e

mathomas

Three from Sapa, Vietnam. All on Ilford Delta 100. Unfortunately, my old, trashy scanner can't show all the fine detail in this film, not even close.

OM-2 with Zuiko 28mm f/2.8

Jorgen, your recent series of shots have just been incredible. Reportage/travel photography at its best. As jbcrane mentioned, they show the continued relevance of 35mm as a medium (I had half given up on it). I only wish I could milk that kind of quality out of the small neg as well as you.

mathomas

The last 25 years or so I´ve taken hundreds of photographs of this mountain. It is however not very photogenic - always. But when the weather turns it turns a more friendly face (or not).

FM2n, Nikkor 2,8/135 AI, Acros 100 in Rodinal 1+50

leif e

You really got some nice light in this one, Leif.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Mike. You are far too kind.

The first of your three photos above has an interesting "look" and enormous depth. Beautiful!

mathomas

Thanks, Jorgen. I think the "look" is due to an almost contre jour position of the camera. You can see a bit of flare from it near center.