The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

mathomas

OK, I've read a bit more about it and I think I'll just take part. I guess it will give me a goal to shoot for. Thanks for clueing me in on it, Cindy! I hope you join, too!

Cindy, I must have been inspired by hearing about it because that sounds familiar. However I'm not much for following rules like "one a day", or a particular number. I just thought to myself, "that sounds like a good idea -- I should start shooting some street portraits". However, now that you've mentioned it, I'll look into it and try to understand more about the project idea.

Thanks for your comments. I've been pretty happy with every frame so far.

chrism

Fred - wow! I'm stunned.

Makes my simple Bessa III landscape from my backdeck look decidedly ordinary:

Velvia 100, scanned with Nikon 5000ED

Chris

bensonga

One of the first shots from the Mamiya 7II and 80mm lens I purchased recently. Velvia 100 on a cloudy day. I REALLY like this camera. It's much easier for me to focus this big rangefinder than any 35mm rangefinder camera I've tried. I have a a roll of B&W film in the M7II now (Acros 100). 150mm and 65mm lenses in the bag also. Amazing how much lighter this camera is compared with my Pentax 67 or RZ67. And did I mention how sharp this lens appears to be? :thumbup:

Gary

I won a recent competition with this photo in the Photographic Trader magazine (Australian publication.) Still waiting on the prize!

[/url][/IMG]

Koni Omega Rapid M, 90mm lens, Fujichrome Velvia 100

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Chris, The view from your back deck looks fantastic.

Gary, I like the color photo best. Congrats on the new camera. Wait till you see
what comes out when you mount that 65mm on the Mamiya 7! Once I put it on mine, I never went back to my 80.

Tribal- Warrior, Congratulations on winning the contest. It is a beautiful photo.

Hi folks - new to the analog thread though I've been lurking for some time. Really great work being shown here!

First roll of film through my recently acquired M7 - Efke 50:

This one's pretty much as scanned.

This one is processed in SEP2:

Cheers,

And a couple off an also recently acquired Contax 645 - Provia 100F:

These may not be everyone's cup of tea but this is the sort of stuff I like to shoot when I'm not shooting landscapes ;-)

Both are shot with the 120mm Macro - the saturation, micro-contrast, and detail are amazing - I'm loving this lens/film combo!

Cheers,

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Joe, the detail is great in the Contax 645 shots....down to the veins.
The M7 looks good, too. The sunflower shot is my favorite. It is nicely composed.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leitz iiig and Leitz 5cm f/2 Summitar LTM, Kodak BW400CN, Nikon LS-9000
Mitchell Homestead

Marina

Willow

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Lot's of nice stuff going on in the analog thread these days!
I recently printed two large exhibitions for a photographer in Norway, and flew the work over. I did not have much extra baggage allowance, so I just brought the Hexar AF! That camera just works so well for me...makes me question sometimes why I have so much invested in extremely expensive digital gear when some of my best photos of people or street are with one that is less than 500 dollars! There are different shooting styles, of course, but working with the Hexar is great. I shot 4 rolls on the trip -- one was partially ruined by a plumbing problem in my new lab (rusty pipes and the filters are not installed yet...only processing for me at the moment though!).
Photos are here:
http://stuartrichardson.com/lightroom/oslo-berlin/
Some of my favorites:

bensonga

I finally took my Hasselblad 503CXi out for a spin again last week (only the second roll thru this body). I bought the CXi a few months ago because I had a CW winder sitting around, unloved and unused. With the CW winder attached, the 'Blad is a much more comfortable camera for me to hand hold. Both photos taken with the wonderful 60mm CFi lens (purchased from Fotografz....thanks Marc!). Velvia 100 scanned by my local lab.

Gary