The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Joe, You really make that Contax sing.
Leif, really nice tones.
Pencil_tube. Both very nice with the Rollei. The first is my favorite with the flare and smoke.

pencil_tube

@Cindy Flood: Tks, happy to know you like it!

@ken_vs_ryu: beautiful color! You should use a ICE scanner.

Chợ Lớn market - must go when visit SaiGon ^^"

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Another very beautiful photo, pencil tube. What film, lens and camera?

Oh, and I have to visit Chợ Lớn market to the next time I go to Saigon :)

pencil_tube

Thanks all! If anyone go to SaiGon, pm me, I'm very happy to meet you! We have a small film group too ^^"

@Jorgen Udvang: I use a Mamiya Pro TL + 80mm f1.9 (I use f1.9 for this poor light pic) + Fuji 160s outdate 2008

(I am not good at English, sorry if you do not understand or anything else)

Peter Klein

I didn't take these photos, but I thought you might like to see them.

My mother-in-law, Ada (right, with pencil in the first photo) translating at the United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, in 1946.

Translating at a postwar UN conference by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Translating at the U.N. by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Background: Just before she finished University in Kiev, Ada was "drafted" to serve as a translator/interpreter for Ukraine's delegation to UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency) at a conference on postwar reconstruction. She thought she was going for a couple of weeks. It turned out she was abroad for a year, and worked in Geneva, Paris and New York. Once back in the USSR, she was not permitted to travel abroad again until the family emigrated to the U.S. in 1979.

Scanned from prints, camera unknown. I've done a bit of curve adjustment, burning in of flare, and repair of the worst spots and scratches. Believe me, the irony of my retouching Soviet photographs is not lost on me. :eek:

--Peter

A couple from the Contax645 in Napa - caught some beautiful fall colors.

Ektachrome 100.

Grape Leaf - the resolution with the 120mm macro is amazing.

Vines:

Cheers,

leif e

Joe, I simply love those colours!
Peter; very interesting images!

November has been a wet, dark and grey experience around here! (But; the weather gods finally gave us snow the day before yesterday - at least two stops more light at one instant :D )

This is however the dreary, sometimes still beautiful November.

bensonga

I must have been a truck driver in a previous life......can't resist them.

Pentax 67II, 105mm f2.4, Ilford Pan F.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Pencil tube, I'm sure your friend is pleased with these photos. They are both really nice. What camera/lens/film did you use? Very 3-D.