The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

JimCollum

And Likweise here of THE JIM!!!!:thumbs:
great shot of the springs!

... and while i can admire the technical aspects of the other image, the aesthetics leave something to be desired... :)

(there are some very good reasons why I'm so comfortable *behind* the camera.... )

Godfrey

Time Zero

You guys are bad. I just had to clean my display again. ;-)

So I have yet to have time to go back to the rail yard photos ... But last weekend my uncle handed me his Polaroid SX-70 when I visited him. Arriving home, I found I still had two old, expired packs of Time Zero film and tossed one into the camera. It's badly deteriorated (a decade past expiration!) but still made a couple of images ...

Polaroid SX-70
Time Zero film expired 2002

Dreamy, weird stuff. I love it. Here's a slide-show link to the four I posted:
Polaroid 2012

I ordered a bunch of film from The Impossible Project so I'll have fun with this artifact for a time to come.

Re: Time Zero

You guys are bad. I just had to clean my display again. ;-)

So I have yet to have time to go back to the rail yard photos ... But last weekend my uncle handed me his Polaroid SX-70 when I visited him. Arriving home, I found I still had two old, expired packs of Time Zero film and tossed one into the camera. It's badly deteriorated (a decade past expiration!) but still made a couple of images ...

Polaroid SX-70
Time Zero film expired 2002

Dreamy, weird stuff. I love it. Here's a slide-show link to the four I posted:
Polaroid 2012

I ordered a bunch of film from The Impossible Project so I'll have fun with this artifact for a time to come.
That's cool Godfrey - I just got a ton of expired 35mm film - curious to see the results...

Godfrey

Chair & Blinds

thanks ken. just loaded a pack of Silver Shade into the SX-70 ... have to say it's a lot of fun. :)

Back to other film oddities, this was made with a Nikon Pronea S APS SLR camera:

enjoy,
Godfrey

Godfrey

Polaroid SX-70
Impossible PX-70 Silver Shade film
Copied with iPhone 4S
Finished in Lightroom 4 Public Beta

having fun ... ;-)

G

seakayaker

I picked up a used Mamiya 7 II this past weekend, it is a large rangefinder and I do find it to be comfortable fit in my hands. The Mamiya feels lighter than my MP but I believe they actually weigh about the same, Mamiya with 80/4 vs. Leica MP with the 50/1.4 ASPH. Shot a couple of rolls and will need to put through a few more to get comfortable.

Center for Wooden Boats ~ Boathouse & Docks ~ Seattle

Mamiya 7 II with 80/4 using Kodak Porta 400

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Godfrey, Nice work. I especially like the chair photographed with the Nikon.

Dan, Congrats on the Mamiya 7II. It is a fantastic camera. The color Portra 400 shot is stunning, with an amazing amount of detail.

Godfrey

Is it repetitive to say +3? ;-)

Dan, you'll like that Mamiya 7 ... a lovely piece of equipment. A good friend of mine used one of them exclusively for almost a decade with fantastic results.

Enjoy it!

Lloyd

Dan: Plus 4 from me. I'm lusting after the 7II myself just now.

Keith: Very nice. Thanks for sharing.