The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

biglouis

Only just discovered this thread. I've shot more film in the last 12 months than digital. I'm even finding it hard to pick up a digital camera. What is wrong with me?

Are there any other Hass film users here?

Hasselblad 500CM, Planar 80/2.8, Kodak Portra 160 (Sandy Point, Hayling Island)

Fuji GSW690III, Fuji 400H (New Canopy, Kings Cross Station)

Hasselblad SWC, Kodak Portra 400 (Fore Street, Barbican, London)

Fuji GSW690III, Kodak Portra 400 (Holly Village, Highgate

amur99

Only just discovered this thread. I've shot more film in the last 12 months than digital. I'm even finding it hard to pick up a digital camera. What is wrong with me?

Are there any other Hass film users here?

Me too. Most times when I shoot digital, I just think I should have shot film.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Louis,
The New Canopy photo has such rich colors and tones. It is a beautiful example of why I love film. I enjoyed all of your photos.

biglouis

Louis,
The New Canopy photo has such rich colors and tones. It is a beautiful example of why I love film. I enjoyed all of your photos.
Thanks, Cindy. That was like my best mistake ever. I normally find Fuji 400H a bit 'gritty' and not very warm. Then I found myself without any Portra 400 and one lonesome roll of 400H left in my refrigerator so I loaded it into the Fuji as I knew I would need the additional speed when shooting this interior. I was very surprised by the tones myself. I may have misjudged its use but I've not been tempted to get any more 400H (yet).

LouisB

GaryAyala

Some old snaps I found in the garage:

Hassleblad 500C w/ 80mm Planar - Tri-X

Nikon F2 w/Nikkor 180mm f2.8 - Tri-X @ 1600

Nikon F2 w/Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 - Tri-X @ 1600

Hasselblad 500C w/80mm Planar

Gary

Lloyd

Some very nostalgic (and impressive) images, Gary. Took the time to view the entire set. Terrific stuff.

johnnygoesdigital

Hi Jorgen,

This was shot wide open, so the plane of focus is very thin...really thin. On the master, the chair is not so much in focus compared to the face.

johnnygoesdigital

I guess the face is closer to the chair than what it appears to be then (at least to me).
Jorgen,

In retrospect, I think you're right. The chin is actually touching the edge of the chair. I thought the image was more interesting when the kid was hiding behind the chair.

Last edited:

GaryAyala

More snaps from the Garage:

All images taken on Broadway Street, Los Angeles, CA - circa mid 1970's.

Thanks for Viewing,
Gary