The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

thanks for the compliments, Mathomas!

And now for something a little different ... Took out the SX-70 with a couple of packs of Impossible Project SilverShade film today. Love the feel of this stuff ... it's the antithesis of the Bessa III. :)

Snap of Snappies with an iPhone 4S

enjoy!

G

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Phnom Penh is one of the cities in this world where film feels sooo appropriate. These are taken with the OM-3 with Zuiko 35mm f/2.0 (I think) on Kodak ColorPlus 200, but since my (only 10 years old) Epson 3200 refuses to render colours correctly these days, here are b&w versions.

Edit: Changed to higher contrast version of the first photo.

Last edited:

rayyan

I am not only hopelessly behind, but out!!:D
Excellent work, to prove that this medium is alive ( barely? :D ).

Grandpa and grandson. xp2, mp, lux 50 asph.

Godfrey

Checking Messages

The scanning fixture for Polaroid SX70 prints arrived the other day, last evening I had a moment to try it for the first time. What a joy! It makes scanning a couple of packs of prints so much easier and faster, and it eliminates Newton rings.

This is one of the frames from the "Silvershade Snappies" collage. At 2400 ppi scanning resolution, the original scan is a stunning 55 Mpixels in size and shows exquisite tonality and detailing even with my still-ancient Epson 2450 scanner.

I'm jazzed. :)

Godfrey

Phnom Penh is one of the cities in this world where film feels sooo appropriate. These are taken with the OM-3 with Zuiko 35mm f/2.0 (I think) on Kodak ColorPlus 200, but since my (only 10 years old) Epson 3200 refuses to render colours correctly these days, here are b&w versions.
The whole set is terrific.

GregMO

That fountain shot is really great!
Thanks Mike and Lloyd..happy to be here.

Here is a shot from October of some Wash DC architecture. Taken with my 645 AFD on Pan F 50. I think I used a 210mm or 300mm lens for this.

Thanks for looking.

biglouis

Another SWC frame from the London Wall High Walk, looking down into Noble Street (which actually contains a small lump of original Roman London wall and a view towards the dome of St Paul's Cathedral.

bensonga

It is possible I've posted this here before, or perhaps I'm thinking of a similar image shot with a DSLR etc. I've taken quite a few pictures of this and other old trucks over the past few years. :eek:

In any case....this one was shot with a Pentax 67II on Ilford Pan-F film (still one of my favorites). It might have been the 55mm lens, but I didn't keep a record of it, so perhaps not.

Godfrey

Bicycle Path in Winter

Balda Baldix, Ilford XP2 Super

Ran another roll of film through the Balda, now that it's back from being cleaned and serviced. Works beautifully, and the Baltar 75mm lens has a lovely feel to its rendering. There was quite a bit of overcast flare in this photo from shooting into the morning sun, which lent it a very atmospheric quality.

The Baldix is a very small camera for a 6x6 format negative, and very light. I've got to get to know it better. :)

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated as always.

GregMO

This was taken in late March. A view of the White House from Lafayette Square. Taken with 645 AFD on Provia 100 with 150mm lens. Thanks for viewing.

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
I've really enjoyed seeing all these photographs in this thread. They are wonderful. I'll try to contribute some, most are fairly old. These are of my youngest daughter taken a few decades ago, I think taken with a C330 and the 80 mm lens. I usually shot Tri-X. In the second one she is being held by my oldest daughter, in the third she is being held by my father.