The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

PenSon

Pentax ME with Pentax MD100/F2.8 lens. Film Adox Silvermax developed in Caffenol-CL, 12min,20C, JOBO rotation tank.

Trygve

PenSon

I think that it is a nice investment for my pictures but not for my money :) .
It will give better pictures than the Epson V700 but not 3 times more than the price factor. In photo I think the quality/price factor is a logaritmic function.
Trygve ;-)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I think that it is a nice investment for my pictures but not for my money :) .
It will give better pictures than the Epson V700 but not 3 times more than the price factor. In photo I think the quality/price factor is a logaritmic function.
Trygve ;-)
That's exactly my dilemma; the V700 or the Plustek. I guess it follows the law of diminishing returns like most things photographic :)

PenSon

One big plus for the Plustek over V700 - the film holders. If your film curls the Plustek do your film flat in the holders. The V700 have problems with that.
Trygve

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Have you tried the V700 using Betterscanning film holder with glass? I might try that with my old Epson 3200 before I invest in a new scanner to see how it works.

srw

I also just picked up the Opticfilm 120

I have to say...the scanner works good
The Silverfast software I am still getting used to, it's not the most intuitive

My very first scan