The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

I took my Rollei 3.5F for a spin a couple weekends ago, after quite a long time. These are low-res scans from thedarkroom.com, which did the processing. I look forward to getting the film back and seeing how my own scans go.

These look pretty good to me, but I'm so out of touch with film that I'm really not sure what to think. Appreciate any feedback.

John

This is my favorite from this set. Something about it speaks to me.
You're motivating me to pull out the Hassy again... :)

G

Godfrey

One more from the Rollei.

It sure is quiet over here in the analog corner of the GetDPI universe.

John

And this one too ...

I've been busy as heck since the turn of the year and have only made a few exposures on film (with the Minolta Instant Pro aka Polaroid Spectra Pro). I haven't made much more than that with the digital cameras either, however I was out this morning with the Olympus E-M1 and M.Zuiko 75mm. So yes, it has been quiet this year so far.

Hopefully, this will change...

G

J

JohnW

This is my favorite from this set. Something about it speaks to me.
You're motivating me to pull out the Hassy again... :)

G
Thanks, Godfrey. That one particularly resonates with me as well.

There's a similar shot from a different angle that I wrote a blog post about. Thought you might enjoy it.

John

chrism

I wanted to try stand development in Rodinal so I took the Bessa III with some FP4+ and the M7 with TMax400 with me up to the hospital for rounds this morning. The FP4+ was lovely. The TMax400 does have some grain (those pics are going in the 'How About more and more fun with a Leica M (Film)' thread).

Roughly 20ºC, 10 inversions at the start, three at 30 minutes, then water stop at one hour, fix and wash. Scanned with an Imacon 848. This combination is worth repeating, I think. Very easy to do and definitely good for a lazy kind of man!

Chris

J

JohnW

Very nice, Chris. Do you keep the temperature constant for the hour? If so, how?

John

Godfrey

Finally a chance to process and render another Hasselblad photo ...

Hasselblad 500CM + Zeiss Planar 80mm f/2.8 T*
ACROS 100

There's simply something lovely about 6x6. :)

Enjoy! Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

chrism

Very nice, Chris. Do you keep the temperature constant for the hour? If so, how?

John
I've read that the occasional problem of one edge of the film being darker than the other might be due to a temperature gradient forming in the tank if it rests on a cold surface. So I sat the tanks on a folded towel in a small but warm room. I thought to myself that if this is going to involve a waterbath kept at constant temperature it is too much effort! I have some HP5+ in the Bessa today and might just do it again.

Chris

J

JohnW

After reading more about stand processing it seems that temperature changes have little impact. I'm going to give it a try. The process suits my evening schedule, and the lower cost is attractive. I think I'll start with Tri-X in Rodinal.

John

chrism

Same process today, but with HP5+ rated at ISO400.

I like the way Helen cracks up over the next three:

Chris

J

JohnW

Really like the second set, Chris. They look less sharp to me than your prior group. But maybe I'm seeing things.

Here's one more from the Rollei.

John

chrism

I think I'm about done with this series of experiments. Back to standard developing technique today, using TMax developer for 8 minutes at 20ºC on TMax 100 film. Invisible grain and lots of detail. Oh well. Bessa III and Imacon 848 scans.

Chris

bensonga

One exposure from my first roll thru the F6. The weather had been gray with weak sunlight, so I put a roll of Ilford HP5 in the camera. I usually shoot fine grained ISO 50-100 B&W films. Then of course, the weather changed and we had lots of sunshine. So I'm not too happy with the look of most of the shots on this roll. I also think it may be time for me to look for a new lab for the processing and the initial scanning of my B&W film. Any suggestions?

Gary

Kayaker and ice/snow flows. F6, HP5, 24-120 f4G lens.