The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

Today's XP2 was shot at ISO200 and developed in Diafine. There's a bit more grain than with the Rodinal stand, and there was certainly more work getting the scans to look right. All Nikon F6, 85mm/f1.4, and Imacon 848 scans.

Tomorrow I try my first C-41 development, using Ektar 100 and a Tetenal kit. Wish me luck!

Chris

chrism

I hate to admit it, but I had forgotten what a pain it was to remember colour balance/lighting and colour films. My Ektar 100 proved quite nice in pure daylight, but under fluorescent lighting many of them are unusable. The Tetenal kit is 2-3 years old, so rather than the recommended 3:15 in the developer I stretched it to 3:30. I do have a fresh Unicolor press kit coming so it might go a bit better next time.

Chris

PenSon

Plus-X in Rodinal 1:50. Film out of date 25 years ago. Film got jammed in camera . Mamiya 645 with 135mm back. Film holder opened four times in living-room light to find out how to get it out from insert.

Trygve

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't really like Delta 100... I think... and sometimes, I wonder why I bother with manual focus cameras. I seem to be constantly out of focus. But now and then, when the weather is good and my mood is right, I manage to hit the proper distance on that black, round think that says "Zeiss" on the front :)

Contax RX with Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 and Ilford Delta 100

Hosermage

So I finally got a decent scanner, the Epson V600.... boy, what a difference! Sorry, to repost some images, this is what they should have looked like!

BTW, what dpi do you guys scan at? I started from 4800dpi and finally settled at 1200dpi for a reasonable scan time and file size without noticeable quality loss.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I mostly scan 35mm at 3200 and MF at 2400 dpi, but it depends on the film and on the usage. With flatbed scanners, anything beyond 3200 dpi won't give more details, only larger files. Even the best film scanners won't give much beyond 4000 dpi.

Hosermage

Finally had time to finish scanning the rest of the negatives...

My father-in-law, the benefactor of my SL66:

Friends:

ReeRay

I was meandering around this site looking for angles when these two girls appeared from nowhere. I've no idea who they where or why they were dressed as they where. I asked for a few shots, they posed and ran off as quickly as they came. Strange day.

Rollei 6002 Fuji Acros

da_eltsch

So here I have another one: Mt. Rainier with Gaoersi 6x17 (6*14 format) with the Super Angulon 90

and Victoria Island:

and Victoria:

Regards,
Helge

Last edited:

da_eltsch

Hi Ray,

Thank you so much, I still have to figure out what is the best way to attach the images to the thread, because the way I did, they are missing the crispy sharpness the original pictures have. Which is for example excellent in your above Black and White shots.
(I am going to open a different thread on this workflow topic,)

Best Regards,
Helge

johnnygoesdigital

The square photo was taken with a $5 garage sale find...
NYC's bravest on 35mm film...

NYC is a great place to study photography. These photos were all taken in and around NYC when I was still a student of the arts.

Last edited: