The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

No artistic merit being claimed for these at all, just my second try with C-41 home developing. This time I made up fresh chemicals from a Unicolor press kit and it seems to have worked a bit better. Bessa III, Ektar 100, Imacon 848.

Chris

chrism

Chelsie's always up for a photo when I take a camera into work:

Guess what? She's engaged!

Both Bessa III, HP5+, TMax developer, Imacon 848 scans.

Chris

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
So I finally got a decent scanner, the Epson V600.... boy, what a difference! Sorry, to repost some images, this is what they should have looked like!

BTW, what dpi do you guys scan at? I started from 4800dpi and finally settled at 1200dpi for a reasonable scan time and file size without noticeable quality loss.
These look great! They are so much better than your first attempt with the other scanner.

Godfrey

Thought this was appropriate here as well.
Another slide capture with the Sony A7 from yesterday ...

Mom, photographer, likely about 1980.
Ektachrome 64 slide made with Minolta XD-11.

She actually used the Nikon EM I bought her in '78-79 for a time. I think my brother still has it.

G

Godfrey

It was a friend's birthday party yesterday. I brought along the Polaroid 350 Land Camera loaded with a pack of Fuji FP-100c film and recorded the event as best I could.

Click on photo above to see the gallery of ten photos.

The old Polaroid became the center of attention for a subgroup of the partygoers ... It made a great batch of ten photos! Wish I'd had another film pack with me.

I captured the photos to digital using the Olympus E-M1 with copy stand, M-E 45/2.8 macro lens, and a lightbox arrangement. The problem is I made a big error and left the ISO on Auto, so all the photos in the set are at ISO 3200-6400. And they're not bad quality at all! I'll re-capture them another time...

G

chrism

I'm excited about a new arrival today:

This feels like a real camera! I hope to find a Duracell 28L and have some film developed this weekend.

Chris

chrism

It's trickier to use than I expected. I haven't a hope of focusing it without the magnifier and glasses on, and then there's the whole keeping it upright issue. I can see I need lots of practice.

Rolleiflex 2.8GX, Ilford XP2 @200, Rodinal stand, Imacon 848:

Chris