The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

M

mjr

Godfrey, I love the look of these polaroids, have you ever shot larger polaroids, 4x5 or 8x10? I'm just looking at a couple of different 8x10 cameras and really liking the idea of trying the impossible project polaroids, especially if the larger format still maintains the feel of a polaroid.

Mat

Godfrey

Godfrey, I love the look of these polaroids, have you ever shot larger polaroids, 4x5 or 8x10? I'm just looking at a couple of different 8x10 cameras and really liking the idea of trying the impossible project polaroids, especially if the larger format still maintains the feel of a polaroid.

Mat
Thank you!

I've not had the pleasure of shooting 8x10 or 4x5 Polaroids. I'd love to try the Impossible 8x10 too... But knowing how little I'd use an 8x10 camera after a first blush of experimentation, I've tried to avoid becoming too interested. =8^/

I would be very very interested to see what their film does in an 8x10 camera. It's hard for me to visualize what it would be like to have the same dynamics as the SX-70 type cameras in terms of the film but on an 8x10 inch format!

G

chrism

I agree; the scans don't look like that in LR, so it might be that the Flickr uploader involves some aggressive sharpening.

Can you help me with a technical question? I have got on fine with the two film backs I have used so far (each has the folding handle for winding on the film). KEH sent me two further backs today, but they are a different design - behind the ISO reminder is a hole to see the film's paper backing moving, and the wind on knob isn't a folding handle, but resembles the catch for removing the film carrier from the back. It is a steel ring, divided in two, and either half can fold out to allow the ring to be twisted and thus wind on the film. I tried to load one this evening and ruined a film - it wound all the way on without stopping at the first exposure. I couldn't manage to rewind the film onto the original spool correctly in a changing bag so I sacrificed the film and wound it back in daylight onto the original spool and tried again with the same result. So I tried it in the other back and the same thing happened. I'm doing something wrong! Any idea what?

Chris

chrism

Ah - don't worry, I found a YouTube video with the trick for loading the old backs. The window has a purpose!

Chris

Godfrey

Ah - don't worry, I found a YouTube video with the trick for loading the old backs. The window has a purpose!
Those are indeed older backs! I've stuck with backs from about 1978 onwards which have the auto-stop mechanism.

G

Hosermage

Since I was getting stripes from my last processing place, I decided to give The Darkroom a try. They're reasonably priced and the negatives came back great! I also tried out TMAX400 and I think I prefer it over TriX400.

chrism

Hasselblad 500c, Planar 80mm, Ektar 100, Unicolor presskit, Imacon 848 scans:

The three of the brewery were cropped to 8.5x11 to allow me to make prints on an Epson R3000 to hang on the wall of their retail outlet.

Chris

Last edited:

Godfrey

I saw this set on your blog, David. They look great! The SL66 is a magnificent piece of equipment, keep going with it.

G

chrism

Just for a change, from 1978, this was taken with a Pentax K1000, but the film and developer are long forgotten!

Chris
Still married to her!

Godfrey

I spent the weekend experimenting with the Polaroid SLR670 by MiNT and the new ability to control exposure manually.

Polaroid SLR670m by MiNT
Impossible 600 B&W - manual exposure

I over-exposed the 600 B&W to go for a very delicate, high-key image. Scanning it and then pulling the adjustments around to produce the tones and color tone I wanted revealed all the lovely 'vintage looking' flaws in the transparent overlay and emulsion. There was no other manipulation done, other than adding my usual framing.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Polaroid SLR670m, Impossible SX-70 B&W

Bulb exposure, about three seconds.

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Polaroid SX-70
Impossible Cyanograph 600 film

Found this in my growing library of scanned Polaroid images from a few months back, made with an SX-70 and the limited production Impossible Cyanograph film.

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

G

Godfrey

A little photographic journey upcoming...
I've packed a bag with two Polaroid Spectras, loaded with Impossible B&W film, close up lens, radio remote, and effects filter set. That's what will be with me for the next week and some, until I use all 16 exposures.

This should be fun.

G

Godfrey

Another out of my recently growing archive of Polaroidio:

Polaroid SX-70 + MiNT wide angle lens
Impossible SX-70 Color

This one was made using the MiNT wide angle lens adapter. Jeez, there's just no end of fun to be had with this stuff. :)

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.