The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

Pentax SF1n, 100/2.8, XP2 @200, Rodinal stand, Nikon 9000:

Pentax SF1n, 50/1.4, XP2 @200, Rodinal stand, Nikon 9000:

Chris

chrism

Pentax 645n, 75/2.8, FujiPro 400H, Unicolor presskit, Nikon 9000:

What a lovely film this is - hard to believe but the colours are just right, the flowers really are that lurid.

Chris

Godfrey

all: Polaroid 670m with Time Machine by MiNT
Impossible 600 B&W film

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

A friend sent me four packs of Polaroid Type 667 B&W film, expired in 2009. Didn't know whether it would work at all, so I tossed a pack into the Hasselblad Type 100 Polaroid back to do some testing.

It's lost about half its sensitivity (ISO 1600 vs 3000) and requires about 2.5 minutes development @ 70-75°F, but I can still get images out of it. Two crude scans made with the iPad mini:

Hasselblad 500CM + Sonnar 150mm f/4
Polaroid Type 667
ISO 1600 @ f/4 @ 1/15 sec

Hasselblad 500CM + Planar 80mm f/2.8
Polaroid Type 667
ISO 1600 @ f/5.6 @ 1/15 sec

Little Hassy Polaroid Squares ... I think there's an art project begging to be born here. ;-)

G

chrism

I've been asked to take photos at the annual end of season party for a local business - 'as long as you use film'. It sounds like a chore, but it's also a bit exciting. Trying to allow for 6pm light two weeks hence, I exposed a roll of HP5+ at 800 and developed in Diafine using minimal agitation (just the twirly stick rather than inversions to minimise grain) just taking some photos of anything. I want to minimise the chance of anything unexpected (and I will take the Monochrom for just that situation.)

Rolleiflex, HP5+, Diafine, Nikon 9000:

Chris

Godfrey

Although close, not a Leica M ...

Leica R8 + Summicron-R 35mm f/2
Rollei Superpan 200 film
ISO 200 @ f/2

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

chrism

Hasselblad 500c, 80/2.8, Tri-X @1250, Diafine, Nikon 9000:

Yes, I work with some crazy, lovely people.

Chris

Godfrey

Polaroid Spectra SE Onyx
Impossible Spectra B&W film

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

G

J

JohnW

Yes, I work with some crazy, lovely people.

Chris
Chris, I always enjoy seeing your office photos, both your good technicals and your colleagues themselves. Looks like a very warm work environment. And they all seem so cooperative about being your subjects. That's pretty rare.

John

Godfrey

That's an intriguing shot, Will. It doesn't quite work to my eye ... by which I mean it doesn't quite make the leap I'd like it to, from real to abstraction ... but I like the tones and feel a lot.

How to get there ... I don't think the tilt adds anything and it softens the lines and expression. I don't know that straightening and cropping is going to do the job, however; it will lose some of the sense of space and dynamics.

Interesting, thanks for showing it. :)

G