The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

MartinN

These cheap films aren't all bad!
If we only could have these emulsions in 120 format as well and for a nice price. I would like to have
120 versions of Kodak Gold, Fuji Superia 200 or C200. Where is my Reala 100 Fuji ?
And I can only dream of cheap color negative film for 4x5 large format. That would make my day.

What can Ferrania do ? I have my ears and eyes open for Ferrania.

The Hasselblad X1 is a very good scanner. :D

Last edited:

Hosermage

Thanks, Chris :) I'm only able to shoot a few rolls every 2 months or so because of the commitment required to shoot with the SL66 (size, weight, film cost). I shot these couple of rolls to test out the light meter app I've written for google glass, which is now released officially in the glassware page. It really takes away the biggest headache I have with shooting with the SL66.

chrism

A light meter app for Google Glass? Wow. You're making me feel old!

Seriously - well done!

Chris

Hausen

I was reading about that light meter app for Google glass. Tempting for when I use either my 903SWC or Arcbody not having to carry a light meter.

chrism

The Fuji is certainly easier to scan than Portra, which in turn is far easier than Ektar and the cheap films I've been playing with (Kodak Ultramax and Fuji Superia).

Chris

robertwright

I have the same combo- portra and X1- haven't shot fuji in a long time. When you say easier to scan you are referring to color? I don't have too much trouble with the portra 160 or 400 but I get contacts made so I have a reference. Wondering how you see it being easier- maybe I should shoot a roll.

The Fuji is certainly easier to scan than Portra, which in turn is far easier than Ektar and the cheap films I've been playing with (Kodak Ultramax and Fuji Superia).

Chris

chrism

I'm using the Flexcolor software that comes with the X1. It's been years since Hasselblad updated the film settings that get you approximately right, and there isn't one for 'new' Portra, so I have to do it by eyeball. I believe it's possible to shoot a MacBeth chart with a certain film, then scan a color target, then make the film match the scan of the target and save that as a preset. I'm learning as I go along and haven't got around to doing that as yet. Anyway, it seems to me that there are fewer adjustments to make to the scans with the Fuji to get the colour right - there is less of a blue cast as the film base is less orange than the Kodak.

Chris

scho

I think that November must qualify as grayscale month. On this gray, cold wet November day I dug out an old roll of Acros 100 and took some test shots using the TFC69A and Rodenstock APO-Grandagon 45mm f/4.5. Processed the film in equally old R09 and scanned the negs with the LS9000.

jtwloh

This is a Nikon FE and 50mm F1.4 which belonged to my late father-in-law who passed away recently. His wife passed me his old camera and I sent the whole set in for CLA and this is my first roll of film through it. Bought an expired film to just get familiarised with shooting film.

The subject is the daughter (my wife) of my late father-in-law.

Nikon FE, 50 F1.4, Kodak ColorPlus200 expired March 2014.

Resting
by Justin Loh, on Flickr