The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

A

asabet

A few from 30 minutes spent in Ellicott City, MD yesterday with the Ikon ZI and CV MC 35/1.4, Ilford XP2 rated at ISO 200:

kevin

A few from 30 minutes spent in Ellicott City, MD yesterday...
Nice pics! Wow, it's a booming town now, isn't it!? That main strip was a ghost town in the early 80's when I lived near there...

helenhill

Cooool .....Amin

So , Are we in LUV w/the Zeiss & 35 1.4 cv
Lovely Combo & Great shot of Teas

Congrats...:clap:
best-H

A

asabet

Nice pics! Wow, it's a booming town now, isn't it!? That main strip was a ghost town in the early 80's when I lived near there...
Thanks Kevin! We only recently moved to the area, but that street seems to be a pretty nice little scene now. None of the antique stores ever seem to have any camera lenses though :(.

Cooool .....Amin

So , Are we in LUV w/the Zeiss & 35 1.4 cv
Lovely Combo & Great shot of Teas

Congrats...:clap:
best-H
Thanks H! Yes, the camera and lens are both instant favs :) :thumbup: .

Two more from the same roll as above (my first with the camera), these with the ZM 50/2 Planar:

Last edited:
N

nei1

Very nice Amin,especially for such a quick trip. Is it my eyesight or are you getting a kind of halation in the shadows with this type of film

N

nei1

Robert,I love minox cameras,have a b and an a111s and meter,but have never tried colour.Am going to order some ,do you remember the film you used?Youve inspired me.

Robert Campbell

Nei1, I think it was Minocolor 100ASA - the standard print film at the time.
I have an LX and an EC -- I think this was with the LX.

I have scanned most of my prints, but at low resolution, really for indexing purposes only. Someday, :ROTFL: I'll scan properly, and make the usual adjustments.

Here's another, at a wedding in Switzerland, summer 1984

I do have some b/w prints, but they have scanned badly.

bensonga

Gary & Jim: Love the CLEAN Edge & Crispness to the Photos
:salute: H
Thanks Helen! Everytime I shoot film and scan....I'm amazed at how good it looks. Takes more time, not the "instant gratification" of digital...but usually worth the effort.

Here's another image taken with my Hasselblad 501CM, Ilford Delta 100 and Epson 750 scan. From the Alaska Railroad yards along Ship Creek in Anchorage. I'm printing this image today for the December BW print exchange on my Epson 2200 with QTR.

I hope everyone (in the USA) is having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
snowing here today....

A

asabet

Very nice Amin,especially for such a quick trip. Is it my eyesight or are you getting a kind of halation in the shadows with this type of film
Thanks Neil, I have to find time to shoot whenever I can get it. I didn't notice any halation in the shadows, but maybe I'm missing it. Can you give me an example from one of the shots I posted?

I'd like to try some other B&W films, but I'm reluctant to process my own, and the cost of getting film other than C41 processed in my area is pretty high.

bensonga

Here's one from the early 1990s. Cleveland, Ohio. Along the Cuyahoga River. I went to Cleveland (formerly, the BP America headquarters) a few times in the early/mid 1990s on business and always enjoyed wandering the city during the weekend with my camera (either a Nikon F2 or a Mamiya TLR). I love those industrial sites....nothing quite like that here in Alaska.

This photo was taken with the Nikon F2 (slide film). Scanned years ago with my Canoscan FS2710 film scanner (now semi-retired).

This photo has a very two-dimensional quality to my eyes....it looks almost like a painting.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

bensonga

Another early '90s shot from Cleveland. LTV Steel mill.

Nikon F2 (probably my 35mm f2 non-AI lens).

These images really have a painterly look to me. Is it the older lenses, the older film, or what?

Maybe it's just my imagination.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Last edited:

helenhill

Gary, Luv the first shot in particular
...the tractors LOOK like toy cars compared to the background ...Tres Surreal feeling... the colors are Superb

cheers !- H

helenhill

Well William, your son is certainly a Handsome lad
and the Wife's legs are Beautiful besides having FAB taste in shoes...:cool:

Love your overall Tones in all your B&W series...lovely
Best-H

A

asabet

Gary, love that first shot. It does look like a painting.

William, that's a great portrait of your son!

Here are just a couple shots of my boys having fun over the Thanksgiving weekend, followed by one of Virginia. CV 35/1.4 again:

Definitely some handshake softness and flare in both of the color photos, but I like them anyway.

helenhill

Amin:
the first shot reminds me of the Boys in a Victorian fairytale...stumbling upon something
perhaps behind that Door

the second shot; Silly& having Fun, little mischievous BOYS
and Virginia always looks FAB

The 35/1.4 seems charming
I can't understand why Sean Reid (do hope i am not misrepresenting his critique)
seemed abit disappointed in the oof/bokeh...I think it Draws Lovely
a Gem of a Lens!