The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

Decided to do something silly today - develop XP2 (actually the fake Chinese stuff that Freestyle used to sell) in Qualls' monobath. Rather low contrast negs, but salvageable.
Nikon F6, 85mm and 50mm lenses, KM5400 II scans.

Chris

chrism

I finally discovered the trick to avoiding surge marks on Tri-X in Qualls' monobath. F6, 85mm/f1.4, X1 scan:

Chris

4season

Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 was on sale this past week!

Or would FuzzyGlow be a better name for it?

Overexposed the cr@p out of this one by mistake but when corrected in Lightroom thought it had kind of an appealingly unreal look to it.

With decent lighting, I think this could be an awesome rig for corporate head shots and the like: Why start off with a brutally detailed photo, then spend hours smoothing away every blemish and wrinkle when you can start off fuzzy?

4season

Godfrey, how have you been scanning your instant prints? Laying my Instax prints directly onto my Epson flatbed scanner glass results in whopping newton rings, so I've made a frame out of thin cardboard which floats it just above the glass, but even then I have to redo some because the prints aren't all that flat to begin with.

The jury's still out as far as the Mini 90 is concerned, but it's got a certain charm to it.