The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

I don't know why, but something on this system rolled my last two posts into one, even though they had nothing to do with one another. ????
I've separated them now, and added another picture.

-- -- --

Minolta Instant Pro (aka Polaroid Spectra Pro)
Impossible Project Spectra B&W

Last Wednesday was my birthday. Such a crazy, busy week—this was the only photograph I made all week. Plopped the camera on the kitchen counter with the self timer on, flash, done. It gives me a chuckle...

Yeah, I'm the guy on the right. :)

66/6 Pinhole Instant Camera
Impossible Project SX-70 B&W

It's like with potato chips, "you can never scan just one."

enjoy, G

MikalWGrass

Photo of my mom and dad in 1959 or 1960, before I was born in 1961. Don't know who the photographer was or what camera he / she used. All I know is that my mom gave me a bunch of Kodachrome slides and asked me to scan them. I scanned them on the Nikon 9000 Coolscan scanner and then forwarded the photo to family members. I fiddled with the blues and yellows (think I could have bumped the yellows a bit). Regardless, I love this photo of my parents.

Any likes, thank you in advance.

1-3 by Mikal Grass, on Flickr

chrism

I have made the monobath developer according to Qualls' original recipe. It can work, and do so very well, but there are some problems. Most important, it causes surge marks across the film from each sprocket hole. I could only get round it by using a Rondinax so the marks would run lengthways along the film border. If you go to Flickr and search for the group 'Monobath' you'll see examples of the striping I'm talking about, and you'll see some decent stuff. This is developed in the monobath:

Feed Mill 3 by chrism229, on Flickr

Godfrey

I've got to try the monobath at some point. Pulled out the SX-70 a week or so ago and carried it on a walk about the neighborhood...

all: Polaroid SX-70 + Impossible Project 600 B&W (round frame)

I used a film plane mounted ND filter gel (also from Impossible Project) to use this film in the SX-70. It's probably the most seamless way to use the camera with 600 film, although it's a bit fussy to install.

G

Godfrey

Polaroid SLR670a by MiNT
Impossible Project 600 B&W 2.0
(Third Man Records edition, Yellow Duotone, black frame)

enjoy, G