The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

mathomas

I finally discovered the trick to avoiding surge marks on Tri-X in Qualls' monobath. F6, 85mm/f1.4, X1 scan:

Chris
Nice results. I looked around a bit, but never uncovered what the trick was to avoid the surge marks. Care to share (or link?).

Thanks,
Mike

chrism

The trick was continuous rotation in a Rondinax or Rondix tank - it reduces streaking, and if any occur from the sprocket holes it should run along the unused edge of the film. I haven't found any other way of avoiding it. One shot usage is important too - I did mix a litre and got seven films before it failed, but some were blotchy.

Chris

Godfrey

Quick snap of a couple of friends maybe three-four months ago ...

Leicaflex SL + Summicron-R 90mm
ISO 400 @ f/2.8
Ilford Delta Pro 400

Processed in the Rondix 35, HC110 (1:49 from concentrate), 8 min @ 68°F

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

chrism ... I'm presuming that dilute Rodinal for one hour is stand processing, rather than Rondinax with the motor ...? Nice results regardless.

I'm feeling the itch to shoot another roll of Rollei/Agfa SuperPan 200 now.
I really should get some better wetting agent than a drop of clear dishwashing soap, eh? ;-)

G

chrism

Godfrey,
It's a semi-stand, with ten inversions at the start, and three at 30 minutes. Apart from that the tank stays untouched.

Chris

camping

Chris

Excellent pictures showing the rough edge of late 60s and 70s photography when grain and contrast were in.

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Chris,

My post refers to your post #4070.

Paul

scho

Just received a used Pentax 645 NII to shoot B&W film and as backup for my 645z. Shot an old roll of Acros I found in a drawer (5 yrs past exp date) and processed in R09 at 1:50.

"Scan" with the 645z - I like the data recording from the 645NII to the film.

Scan with Nikon 9000.

Godfrey

Hi ChrisM!

I will soon. I've been too busy lately to do much photography, and what I've done has been mostly with the SL or SX-70.
This too will pass... ;-)

G