The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

No time to do much film lately. From last September ...

Leica R8 + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8
Ilford Delta 400 Pro

Processed in the Rondix 35 using my standard procedure. :)

enjoy!
G

chrism

My first try with Galaxy paper—I contributed to their Kickstarter about six months ago, and they went to Russia to get some paper coated with a fast emulsion, and it arrived this week. Many people were annoyed when the purported reversal paper turned out to be ordinary (but fast) paper, with reversal processing required. Harman make a direct reversal paper and it was hoped this would be the same. For myself, I am happy with the product save for one annoyance. Most photographic printing paper has an ISO of 3. This is said to be 125, and I metered it that way, allowed for a third of a stop of bellows compensation—my 450mm lens was extended to 600mm to focus this close—and it came out just right. My only problem is that when looked at 100% magnification there are all sorts of black speckles on the film. I don't think these are from my water supply.

Chamonix 10x8, Nikkor 450mm/f9, Galaxy paper negative, Ilford Multigrade developer, Epson V850 scan:

Pippa 2016 #3 by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

Godfrey

Still not much time to process film ... sigh. But Instant ... yeah!

Polaroid SLR670a by MiNT
Impossible Project "Magic 8" 600 Color film

enjoy! G

MartinN

Hello

I'm back again after some time and a colorless and black and white winter. Finally spring is coming -
at least indoors :cool:

Here are some flowers and such on Astia:
BatchPict17.jpgBatchPict13.jpgBatchPict8.jpgBatchPict1.jpg

And here is some night work on Provia from my old hometown Pargas (Not Parga which some belive):
BatchPict27.jpgBatchPict26.jpgBatchPict25.jpg

I have found the camera I like working with the most, and thats the Fuji GX680

chrism

I couldn't resist going back to the wharf for all those pretty floats.

645N, 75/2.8, Portra 400, Unicolor presskit, X1 scans:

Traps and floats 5 by chrism229, on Flickr

Traps and floats 4 by chrism229, on Flickr

Barrachois 3 by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

And I took some XP2 as well.

645n, 75/2.8, XP2, Unicolor presskit (on the same reel as the Portra!), X1 scans:

Old-style Traps by chrism229, on Flickr

My other car is a Cape Islander by chrism229, on Flickr

Misty Blue gets ready by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

Abstraction

Canon something or other (I had about 4 of them and I don't remember which one I used) and Portra 160, if I remember correctly.

Godfrey

Might as well toss this one in this thread too:

Impossible I-1
Impossible 600 Color v3 beta 1
scanned with Impossible app on iPad Pro 9.7

I used the self timer on the I-1 iPhone app to make the exposure. :)

enjoy!
G

chrism

Godfrey,
This reminds me of a long running thread at the large format forum in which a member has posed Tinkerbelle in all sorts of situations and taken her photo. An amusing few minutes to wander through it if you have the time.

Chris

Godfrey

Godfrey,
This reminds me of a long running thread at the large format forum in which a member has posed Tinkerbelle in all sorts of situations and taken her photo. An amusing few minutes to wander through it if you have the time.

Chris
Thanks Chris!

See what you made me do? I subscribed to yet another photo forum now. ;-)
Fun thread!

G