The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

N

nei1

Really nice work William,have never used 6x7 and I really like the proportions,more so than 4x3 which is odd as 4x3 is nearer to the 3x2 that Im used to.There is some thing about 4x3 which both jars and bores.Your format has been helped though by the elegant photos youve put inside,.....Neil.

emmawest72

Thanks Stuart and Neil.

I feel very confortable about the 6x7 format though this is the first time. I have shot mostly 24x36 and 6x6 before and this is a nice change.

emmawest72

Thanks Francois. Very appreciated.

Yes, film really rocks. I've put my digi camera on the shelf since a few weeks and now only using film and there is just so much pleasure. Back to editing on a contact sheet with a loupe and pencil = pure joy. Digi is of course just probably as good but I'm getting so much more from shooting film which I can't really explain for the moment.

Ciao
W

bensonga

I failed to resist temptation and got my self a Pentax 67 with 105mm lens. Fantastic camera and the ease of handling is just perfect to me.
Welcome to the P67 club!! I love this camera....I only wish someone would make a MFDB for it. I know, probably not possible.....I'm dreaming...I should just enjoy it for what it is...a GREAT MF film camera.

I've got two P67 bodies, numerous finders and the 45, 55, 75, 75 Shift, 90, 105, 135 macro, 165, 200 and 300 EDIF lenses for it. Yeah, it's true, I'm a Pentax 67 addict (ok, I'm a gear addict in general). In any case, you will love this camera....great lenses too.

Here's one that I took with the P67 and 105mm lens many, many years ago.

Enjoy that P67.....I know you will!!!

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

helenhill

Just Simply Beautiful....William & Gary

Film is just sooo Lush, Beautiful & Organic
and quite forgiving

Digital can be Quite Coool but Film is SUPREME

The Pleasure factor in Shooting Film & Musing is sooo Addictive and Meditative...

Last edited:

emmawest72

Helen - thanks a lot.

Gary: it's indeed a great cam! I don't mind that there is no digi back for it as the pleasure of shooting different films far outweighs the digi option. And there is no way I could afford a digi back anyway.
The P67 and it's lenses are more than reasonably priced and I bought mine second had in pristine condition ( body, ttl prism and 105mm) for the price of a digi compact camera. What more could one ask for?

I might get another lens later on, but for the moment I'm happy with the 105mm. I have so many things I would like to shoot with this bad boy. So the only thing I will buy is insane amounts fo film...

Btw, can you recommend a tripod and ball head for the P67 without having to pay Ferrari prices?

Cheers
W

bensonga

William,

Yes, the P67 is a real bargain. I bought all of my P67 bodies, finders and lenses used also. Very easy to find mint condition P67 gear at very reasonable prices....so I think you may be tempted by another lens or two soon! :) Although, I'll have to say the 105 is very nice and I used it quite alot for several years.

I mostly use Gitzo and Berlebach tripods, but I do have a few Bogens that would be ok for the P67...but I'm not much into ball heads.

By the way....love your photos taken with the Hasselblad too! We shoot with some of the same gear (501CM, 553ELX and 503CWD here).

Keep those photos coming!

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

emmawest72

Ok just one more...

My son Victor having his breakfast. We get these really cool reflections from our neighbours window during winter time. The light is very nice( if sunny...) but only last about 5 min. This time I didn't miss that light!

Look forward to seeing more pics.

Pentax 67/105mm/Tri-X

helenhill

STUNNING shots...Gary,William,& Stu

The Magic of dark & light...
Fab Tones & a Beautiful Family you have William
and a Stunning Girl friend Stu....

:) -H

bensonga

Ok just one more...

My son Victor having his breakfast. We get these really cool reflections from our neighbours window during winter time. The light is very nice( if sunny...) but only last about 5 min. This time I didn't miss that light!

Look forward to seeing more pics.

Pentax 67/105mm/Tri-X

William,

This is truly stunning. I keep coming back to it. I love the contrasting light and dark of the morning light...and something about the moment you've captured here.

It's good to be looking a beautiful images again....this really lifts my spirit. Thank you.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska