The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Seascape

Pete, hope that your safe and secure from the bushfires.

We were in Yarra Glen last year visiting the De Bortoli vineyard & drove through Healesville. I see it mentioned here in the newspapers as being very close to the major fires.

David K. (Toronto)

GDI

GDI ...Great series
thought I recognized that Coney Island State of Mind

'Shoot the Freak' this past Summer ...M4
(sorry that its an M for this thread :grin: but couldn't resist)
Yes, Coney Island - I hear that Astroland is gone now?

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots everyone. Helen -- I see you are not afraid of grain! That's good...
Coney Island is a really interesting place...lots of quirky individuals.

emmawest72

Helen,

Great grainy pics! They have this woderful feeling to them that just can't be explained and that's exactly what I like.

Stuart,

As always very nice use of the Hassy

Lubitel/ Superia 100

JimCollum

testing a new film/developer combination

xpan shot with tri-x.. developed in dixactol (a compensating staining developer)

100% crop of scan (nikon coolscan 5000ED, 4000 dpi)

helenhill

Thank You for the Kind Attention / GDI, Stuart & William

grain can certainly be FUN sometimes...:)

Lovely Color shot Will / The Light Against the Dark

Jim /Thank You for your recipe/Might try it.... very cool Bikes w/logo

JimCollum

Thank You for the Kind Attention / GDI, Stuart & William

grain can certainly be FUN sometimes...:)

Lovely Color shot Will / The Light Against the Dark

Jim /Thank You for your recipe/Might try it.... very cool Bikes w/logo
i've found the best results if you lower the speed of the tri-x to about 200iso and use this developer. It can be used as a 2 bath, but also works as a single bath developer. it's excellent for high contrast scenes (is usually a N-1 or N-2 developer)

Lloyd

Taken with a Graflex RB Super D, 190mm lens, f5.6. Tri-X 400 (@320). This camera belonged to my Grandfather, who died in 1965, and hadn't used it for a number of years before that. Originally a 4x5 camera, this one has a 120 roll film adapter:

The camera itself (sorry, it's a digital image;)):

helenhill

Beautiful, GDI...Soft & Striking

FAB Cam ,Lloyd
the B&W have that Charming Retro Feel
Love the Bull shot BUT the Poor Bull :(

N

nei1

A couple of tree shots taken a few days ago using a minolta image pro camera

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Love those nei1 -- what are you shooting with? Old polaroid? Or does fuji make film that fits in it? There is something special about the instant film palette.

Well, it has been great here for the past two weeks -- just under freezing, clear, and snow on the ground with very little wind. Normally at this time of year it is one degree above freezing, sleeting and blowing at 50mph (20+m/s).
So I went to the beach with my friend Eva from my Icelandic classes and took some pictures. All 203FE and 110/2 on Acros in ID-11 (my xtol is dead and rodinal has not arrived!)

emmawest72

Stuart,
Those hassy frames are really nice. Is that with the 110mm?

I put one of my hassy frames in a small application called "poladroid"...quite fun

Stuart Richardson

Hey William -- yes, those are all the 110mm f/2 -- it is just a perfect lens for the type of portraits I like to make. Those were mostly between f/5.6 and f/2.8. The dark lines are real, they are captured by the scanner, which scans a bit wider than the image area.

I love the look of the poladroid! I have heard of it, but never played with it. I am just sad that polaroid (and 665 and type 54 in particular) has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

emmawest72

Hi Stuart,

Yeah, the 110/f2 is really something special. Too bad they don't make one for the 500 series...

The poladroid is quite fun indeed. I recently saw that some pola fan decided to take over the pola factory in Holland and will try to makeit worthwhile with new techniques. Let's hope it works out as I'm a big fan myself. I will borrow a 4x5 camera soon and plan to buy some Fuji polaroid to try it out. I will of course be putting quite some amount of tri-x and portra through it too!!

Cheers
W.