The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

So that I can understand how to interpret those numbers, how are you metering for flash exposures like this?
I'm using an incident flash meter that triggers the flash. The meter's white dome is held against the chin of the subject and the dome pointed at the camera. I use both a Polaris and a Sekonic, but both read the same - it's just a matter of which one comes to hand first.

Oren Grad

I'm using an incident flash meter that triggers the flash. The meter's white dome is held against the chin of the subject and the dome pointed at the camera. I use both a Polaris and a Sekonic, but both read the same - it's just a matter of which one comes to hand first.
Great, we're on the same page, so your numbers will give me a good starting point for my own tests. Thanks!

jdphoto

Here's a few using the Pentax and the sunset snow tree with the Mamiya RZ with Portra 400

Last edited:

chrism

When two people have to sit through a few iterations of a 10x8 photo they don't look so good. Chamonix 10x8, Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S 360mm/f6.8, Galaxy Hyperspeed @ EI 50, one Impact strobe and one Impact continuous CFT light, Ilford MG Developer, Epson V850 scan:

Canadian Gothic by chrism229, on Flickr

Stick a pitchfork in it and it would be done.

C.

chrism

I don't think anyone minds them being posted here, Neil, but do put them in the LF forum as well as it gets little traffic, and at least there they are likely to be looked at by people who actually commit large format photography themselves!

Chris

chrism

I don't think anyone minds them being posted here, Neil, but do put them in the LF forum as well as it gets little traffic, and at least there they are likely to be looked at by people who actually commit large format photography themselves!

Chris
Further to that, Neil, and in view of recent sad developments at a certain forum based upon a quintessential German camera, that forum's loss is the gain of this forum! Pretty hard to offend the manufacturers of cameras that haven't been made for decades. So in celebration of that, here are a couple of current European brands that won't upset any moderators, taken with a Graflex Crown Graphic:

Two Old Squares by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

jdphoto

A few with the Mamiya RZ and 75mm using Portra 400.
The close up portrait was taken with a Leica MP/Summilux 50mm 1.4 pre ASPH and Portra 400. It's incredibly sharp and rivals medium format at sizes up to 11x14.

Last edited: